Chapter 7: Siblings

Loki created an illusion over his room, so that anybody who entered would only see an empty bedroom. He rushed swiftly, gathering his spell books, any potions Kara had made, and anything else that may be useful. Loki cursed his father and his commands. He was going to break Kara out and take her somewhere far away, and no one was going to stop him. He just did not know where to go. He turned to view Lady Sif when he heard movement behind him. Since she was looking around for him, he knew his illusion was immaculate.

"Loki, I know you're here. I received a message from your brother. Odin has imprisoned him in his chamber. We will, however, accept your request to commit treason. We will assist you in freeing Kara. We will then hide you and assist you in escaping Asgard." Lady Sif exclaimed proudly.

Loki communicated with Lady Sif telepathically. 'Please have my brother and our friends meet me in Hela's room at midday.' He placed a skeleton key into her pocket. 'Because of her father's last plea for privacy, there will be fewer guards in the dungeons. This is our only chance.'

Lady Sif nodded and walked away. She was confronted by guards searching for Loki. She acted quickly. "I have checked," Lady Sif responded, "so go inspect the gardens. He often enjoys hiding there."

The guards hesitated and glanced at each other, not believing her. Loki gathered his daggers and prepared to strike. Loki's breath was coming up behind Lady Sif. She took a step forward and raised her voice. "If you force me to draw rank soldiers, I'll report you to Allfather. Now get going!" The guards apologized and exited the room swiftly. She swiftly trailed after. She turned to seal the doors and made a brief nod in Loki's direction.

Loki fixed his gaze on the now-closed door. This was it, his last time standing in their bed chambers. He had no idea where to go or if he'd be able to find a location where Odin couldn't find them. He needed a strategy, and he knew precisely who to turn to: Hela.

He crept inside his sister's room, taking care not to make a sound. His magic was almost clinging to his concealing spell. His body ached from tiredness, yet he wanted advice and assistance from his sister.

He entered her room and shut the door behind him.The only other key able to open this door was now in possession Lady Sif. He went directly to the vanity and sat down in front of the mirror.

"Halja? I require your assistance. Today, I discovered the truth about my parents. I'm not his son, and I've never been his son." Loki remarked, his angry voice suppressed.

As the mirror fogged up, a lady with black, long, silky hair and dazzling grey eyes appeared. Her skin was as white as porcelain. Loki had always assumed they resembled one other more than the rest of his family, but he now understood the truth: Hela was not his sister. He had no kinship with any of them.

"Hello, Lokke, my little giant. I sincerely apologize. I can't be there with you. But I'm grateful you've got Thor. Is he aware? Where is Tor?" she said, gazing around.

"I'm not sure if he's aware. Odin ordered that he be locked in his room and that I be locked in a cell. He doesn't want us to meddle with Vidarr's execution," Loki stated sarcastically.

"This can't be right! He considers Vidarr to be a close friend. Why would he want to execute him?"

Loki informed her of all that had occurred in the vault chamber. How Kara became enraged and assaulted Odin, claiming to be the Goddess of Revenge. He had no notion she was a demigod. Her father's request to be executed in return for harboring an Olympian

"I'll beg the Norns to convey his soul to Valhalla. He doesn't belong with me here. Kara, on the other hand, has grown on me. She is braver than a Valkyrie. When she attacked Father, did he flinch?" Hela sounded amused and wanted more information.