Epilogue

It's been a year since Loki lost his love, and a year since he chose to tell everyone about Thanos' plans. He never expected them to believe him but as soon as he told them everything, the team mobilized and created safety nets to keep the stones protected.

The tesseract also known as the space stone was fully under watch by Odin and Frigga. The mind stone was under the protection of the Avengers. The whereabouts of the reality stone was never acknowledged by Odin and he made sure those who did know would never remember.

That only left the power stone, time stone and reality stone unaccounted for. Nick Fury called for assistance.

"Are you sure this person can help us?" Tony said as he watched Nick Fury smirking at him confidently.

"She is the reason I created the Avenger initiative, Stark."

"Aw, that's so sweet, Nick." A woman said as she walked in the conference room. "Hello everyone my name is Carol Danvers."

"Captain Carol Danvers to be exact." Nick said.

"Captain." Steve said as he extended his hand.

"Captain." She said and she shocked his hand.

"Alright enough of formalities, " Loki said, rolling his eyes. "We are pressed in time, three stones are still unaccounted for. We have no idea where he is. Baldur is still at large and his ally."

"Calm down, antlers. We are not going to let him win."

"You don't know what he is capable of, he eradicates worlds but cuts their populations in-half. He does it to prove his theory of saving them from extinction." Loki closed his eyes and sighed. "He has never been defeated."

"Then you're lucky I am here." Carol said confidently.

Loki smirked and got up, "You may be confident in your power, but I've seen what he is capable of."

He walked out and made his way up to the roof. He watched as the clouds rolled over the sky and closed his eyes, hoping to feel her once more.

"It's rude to barge into someone's sacred space." Loki said.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay." Thor said as he walked to be closer to Loki's side.

"Revisiting those memories is becoming a..."

"Heavy." Thor finished his sentence.

"We need to find Baldur," Loki said determinedly. "Thanos hasn't made a move for the stone since my attack on New York. Why?"

"Maybe because you were his plan and -"

"I failed." Loki chuckled. "I may have failed but he always has a plan. Thanos is waiting for something. He sent Baldur to kill me, he could have sent him to take the Tesseract but didn't, why?"

"How long have you been thinking about this?"

"Since, I have been having a recurring dream.." Loki confessed.

"What happens in this dream?"

"We all lose."

They watched as lighting engulfed the clouds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They stood outside looking at the raging sky as lighting struck above their heads. The smell of rain filled their lungs as the clouds teased them with a fresh breeze. The gods felt her power and emotions from across the world. Zeus was sending a warning to all the gods that the gates of Khaos have been breached.

"They finally realized someone has been down in the pits" Eris spoke in a soft tone. Her black long hair danced around her as the wind teased it. Her gray eyes pierced the dark night as she looked up at the raging sky.

"Yet, Zeus does nothing but send messages." Oizys added. Her chocolate short curly hair bounced as her honey colored eyes filled with tears.

"He hopes a show of power will bring the culprits to the light." Philotes smiled. Her reddish chestnut hair and short hair dances along with the wind as her green eyes glow with the light of the sticky lighting.

"Still scared of the darkness death brings." Thanatos stepped forward as his golden eye glowed in the night. His dark hair stood still as the wind avoided him.

"Khaos himself sacrificed his life force in order to open those gates." Hecate said as she walked over next to Thanatos. She entangled her fingers around his and laid her head on his shoulder. "She will wake up soon and she will have questions."

"She must be strong to have survived the abyss." Philotes smiled

"Is she truly a daughter of Khaos?" Oizys asked.

"She must be if she survived a year in complete darkness." Eris smirked.

Thanatos nodded at his sisters as he gently pressed his lips on Hecate's forehead. "Everything is about to change my love. Are you ready?"

"Are you, my dear?" Hecate looked up at him with concern.

"Death is only one more step to endless possibilities." Thanos looked down and planted his lips onto hers, she pulled him closer deepening the kiss. They parte away and leaned into each other's embrace. "Khaos wanted out for a reason.".

Hecate laid her head over his strong chest pressing her ear to listen to his steady heartbeat. "Let's hope it wasn't in vain." Lighting struck once more illuminating light around them. 

To be continued...