Chapter 31: Interference

A/N" To begin, I'd want to apologize for not being able to keep up with the progress of my narrative. Eventually, I realized that my writers' block was stifling my creativity. I hope you enjoy the next chapter, and I promise to do a better job of keeping this site up to date in the future.

~~~~~~~~

As the buzz of traffic echoed through the window, Kara woke up from her sound slumber. She opened her eyes to find Loki holding her as he flipped through a chapter of a book. The chill of his hand slid down her arm and brought her closer to him. Seeing this brings back memories of the days they spent together in their chamber at Asgard.

Loki grinned as he felt her gaze on him. He lowered his gaze and saw those dove eyes staring back at him. He felt at ease with her in his arms. It was as though he had finally located the missing piece of his puzzle.

"How are you feeling right now?" With a grin on his face, Loki asked. He was going to make fun of her for falling asleep and taunt her about it.

"Did I fall asleep?" She rubbed her face on his chest, inhaling his aroma. It was beginning to take hold in her mind and she couldn't stop thinking about it. He was well aware of how much she missed the scent of leather, mint, and sage filling her nostrils.

Loki grinned and said, "Right after you begged to add magic into the equation." Her spine tingled as his cool, deft fingers traced the curve of her hip.

"What a pleasure it must have been, my darling, for you to wear me out." Kara grinned up at him as she still glowed from her repeated climaxes, which had left her looking radiant.

"Of course. However, all I ever wanted was to hold you again and listen to your snoring next to me in my arms." Loki taunted her as he drew her in closer, kissing the crown of her head.

"I don't snore!" she exclaimed, pouting.

She was acting the same way again, and it made Loki's heart flutter, so he chuckled. "When you sleep, you make this soft sound when you breathe. It's called snoring." Loki teased her as he quickly kissed her pouty lips.

"I am simply breathing while sleeping," Kara scuffed.

"No, I don't think so." Then Loki burst out laughing and embraced her tightly. Will it be better if I refer to it as wheezing? "

Kara's lips gaped open before a sly smile appeared on her face. In an instant, she pulled herself away from him and grabbed a pillow, preparing to smack him across the face with it to remove that smirk off his face. As soon as she tried to grab for it, Loki was immediately on top of her, tickling her. The game was slipping away from Kara as she laughed.

"I've got you now! Maybe I'll forgive you for trying to attack me with a pillow, if you give in!" He was tickling her at a higher rate.

Kara laughed even louder as she tried to push him away, but she eventually succumbed to defeat.

"I yield!"

Loki came to a halt and laid next to her as she took a deep breath. Kara rolled to her side and faced him. She tenderly stroked his cheek. She put her leg over his waist and sat on top of him, straddling him. Her face was cradled by Loki, who drew her down and locked her gaze with her. "My love?"

"Yes, my king?" The tenderness of Kara's voice made him swoon.

"I am sorry for not looking-" His apology was cut short as Kara pressed her finger to his lips. She was aware of the reason for his apologies.

"Don't. Let's put the past in the past and move on." She leaned in close and kissed him on the lips. Using his finger like a tether, he pulls her in closer to his lips as he smothers her with his mouth. His other hand held her hip, which made her grind her hips against him.