Chapter One: An Announcement

The Kingdom is in full swing as they gather in the grand thorne room to celebrate the end of Yule. The grand room was decorated in green, red, and gold. It smelled like pines, holly, and cinnamon. The Warriors Three, Lady Sif, Thor, Kara, and Loki sat together, drinking and laughing.

"Happy Yule!" Volstagg applauds. Cheers and excitement erupt from the table. Kara took the lead and sang a traditional Yule ballad, while the rest of the table joined in on the singing and drinking. As the night went on, the friends ate and celebrated, and the men slammed their glass mugs against the floor, pleading for more. Laughter erupted on the table as Volstagg recounted their most recent victories. Where Thor and Loki had to disguise themselves as maidens in order to infiltrate the enemy's compound.

Odin struck Gungnir on the floor, drawing everyone's attention. As the king spoke, the table fell silent.

"Greetings, Asgardians. Today we celebrate the last day of Yule, bringing forward a new year and new beginnings," the crowd cheered, Odin raised his hands, and the people fell silent once more. "As we welcome a new beginning, we also welcome two new gods. My sons, Thor Odinson, Prince of Asgard, and Loki Odinson, Prince of Asgard, take your place." Thor and Loki rose from their seats as the hall erupted in applause. Loki leaned in and kissed Kara on the cheek before stepping away.

"Thor Odinson, with Mjölnir by your side roaring thunder as you protect the nine realms, I, Odin Allfather, bestow you, The God of Thunder," Odin said. "Loki Odinson, for your mischievous acts and cunning ways to fool and infiltrate our enemies, I, Odin Allfather, bestow you, The God of Mischief. Now, as Gods of Asgard, rise and greet your people." As the new gods wave, the kingdom cheers. Odin and Frigga, as well as the other gods, welcome the new gods into their midst.

Kara watched as her beloved Loki was honored and elevated to the status of God. He stood regal and domineering; this will undoubtedly go over his head, she thought.

"Let the festivities begin!" Frigga made the announcement.

Loki was overjoyed with his new title, and he smiled at Kara, who returned the smile and mouthed back at him. 'I love you.'

Asgardians surrounded the princes, and Loki lost sight of her. She walked over to the dance floor and gazed at the couples who were dancing. Loki snuck away from his admirers and discovered her staring at the dance floor.

"My lady," Loki said with a smile, extending his hand to her, "would you like to dance with the God of Mischief?"

"I'd love to, but my lover is extremely jealous." Kara walked away with a smile.

"Your lover?" And who exactly is that?" Loki went along with it.

"Loki, Prince of Asgard! Have you heard of him?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm aware of him. I heard rumors that he is courting Asgard's most beautiful woman, the Princess of Vanaheim." As Loki followed her around the court, he said.

"Then you already know who I am." She walked past a table full of ladies in waiting, giving them a quick wink while Loki bowed his head out of politeness. They laughed as Kara swayed her hips and flirted with Loki.

"Yes. The beautiful Princess of Vanaheim." Loki grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him. "The prince is a fool for allowing such a beautiful creature to escape his gaze. I'll never leave your side if you dance with me." Loki took her hand in his and kissed it. She softly caressed his cheek after accepting his kiss. He interpreted her response as a yes and led her to the dance floor.

"Tell me, God of Mischief, what kind of trouble you're going to get us into tonight." They looked at each other as if they were the only two people on the dance floor. He led her around the dance floor, her emerald green gown swaying with every step.