Chapter 29: Debriefing

They all sat in the conference room going through the details of what had happened in the cave. Kara sat on the far end next to Loki, who sat to her right while Dion was on her left. Tony then began showing clips of the creatures that fought and how each was defeated. Their plan was to study their movements and find a faster and safer way to defeat them. The next video was of Kara and Moros batting.

Loki leaned forward as he saw Kara and Moros head to head, striking each other without any hesitation. Suddenly, she had him down on the ground with her sword pointing down at his heart. Words were exchanged and Moros swept her leg and Kara fell on the ground, giving Moros the advantage. He pinned her down and kissed her.

Kara scoffed and rolled her eyes, "I should have kneed him harder."

Loki smirked as he saw the clip where she had kneed him, giving her the upper hand and finally driving her sword into him. Loki noticed her face as she twisted her sword, savoring his agony. There it was her eyes completely black, that was her darkness slipping in and out.

Thor leaned back and looked away. He knew what was going to happen next. The clip continued and it showed as Kara was impelled by Nyx's sword. Things moved fast after that. Loki studied the way Nyx moved in the shadows and her quick reaction, almost identical to Kara's. Tony froze the video, only showing Nyx's face.

"All right, gang, this is the big bad," Tony said as he popped berries in his mouth. "We don't know much about her other than what mythology says, so maybe our guest can shed some light on the baddie."

Kara leaned back on her chair, "She is a ruthless bitch and she fucken hates to lose." Her words are like sweet honey that will attract you to her cause, once she has you. You will become her puppet. Other than that, she is a heartless hag and harridan. "

Nat chuckled as the rest of the team looked quite surprised to hear her use such a strong description. However, Dion knew his cousin and she simply said what was true, he was a bit surprised she didn't use her colorful language.

"Steve, she said a bad word," Sam said, chuckling after the initial surprise.

"No one is ever going to let that go," Steve said, "Alright, team, let's get back on task. Kara, what did you learn from Iris? "

Kara leaned back on her chair, "Only what she told us before i blacked out. "

"Are you able to tap into your other persona?" Steve asked.

Bruce takes the lead, "Personally speaking, that is not easy to do."

"The physician is right," Persephone added, looking around the table, "asking Kara to tap into her darkness could lead to dire consequences"

Kara rolled her eyes. "Why is everyone speaking as if I am not sitting here?," Kara rolled her eyes

"She is right. How do you feel about it? " He asked Kara.

Kara was about to speak when Thor interrupted her.

"If Kara doesn't have information, perhaps Loki could share."

Loki looked around the table and spoke calmly, "Nyx and I have had contact. She has come to me with an accord, Kara for the throne."

The table was completely quiet. Everyone sat calmly but looked at each other nervously. The team moved their eyes to look at Kara, waiting for her reaction. However, Thor started to chuckle, and Kara turned to look at him and raised her brow. Then he completely laughed when Loki joined him, and so did Kara.

"You should see your faces," Thor bellowed, "what did you tell the hag?"

"I would think about it," Loki said, smirking, knowing it would strike a nerve.