Chapter 27: Glimmering

Warning: This chapter contains mature content.

The group had finished lunch in complete silence and were now sitting in the common room having a few drinks as night took over the sky.

Kara and Loki came back down after she woke up famished and craving pizza.

Tony immediately ordered pizza and Steve ended up apologizing and explaining his actions. Kara teased him for being glamoured by Iris.

Soon after they began to share embarrassing moments during missions. Thor admired his brother as he shared his tales and the way the team enjoyed his tales. It was clear that the avengers were warming to him as a person.

As the night progressed, Kara leaned closer to Loki, laying her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her. Loki looked so natural, a completely different person next to her. Kara whispered something in his ear and he lit up.

Loki stretched his arms and Kara yawed, "I think we are going to call it a night. Kara had an eventful day already and she still needs to rest," Loki pecked her cheek. " Iris, Moros, and the cuffs. "

"Moros?" Thor exclaimed, "He was here?"

"When?Kara asked, Thor got up and walked over, kneeling in front of her, and took her hands. "What are you doing, toad?"

"Did you fight again and not tell us? Did he hurt you? " Thor's eyes scan her body for any new injuries.

Loki took his hand and placed it on Thor's shoulder, saying, "Calm down brother, she is fine. They only talked."

Thor sighed in relief, "What did you talk about?"

Loki chuckled, "His infatuation for her, nothing important.

"I will take patrol tonight. "Thor got up, tightening his grip on his hammer.

"Do not worry, Aesir," Persephone smiled, "Someone has placed heavy protection spells around the compound." I'm surprised you and your brother haven't felt them. "

"I did. I just assumed it was mother, " Thor said quietly. He and Loki exchanged a look when they felt it when they arrived at the compound and thought the same thing.

Loki lifted Kara's chin to meet his eyes, "It wasn't our mother, was it?"

Kara smiled innocently, "No. The moment Thor and you arrive in Midgard, I have been placing protection spells. I used your mother's spell so you will feel her signature and won't question it."

"Is this the reason Nyx and Moros have not attacked us head on?" Loki looked deeply into her eyes.

"Yes. It was specially cast to keep those who reside within these walls protected from physical or mental harm," She turned to Tony, "I also place the same in your homes. I was able to place it on Pepper's favorite jewelry. Happy's watch as well, "she said, then turned to Clint. "I have also done the same to yours." She smiled kindly. "My only mistake was not placing a glamor spell.

"Wanda and I have already casted one." Persephone reassured her. "We will conduct one on the other houses."

Tony's eyes widened, "Why would you do this for us?"

"Nyx is very cruel and thrives on it," Kara looked down and sighed, "She will do anything to bring your spirits down. But, I do want to truly apologize for letting Iris into your home."

"Kara, that is so noble of you," Thor stood up and picked her up from the couch, hugging her tightly and saying, "You must be truly powerful to cast so many protection spells for all of us."

Kara chuckled, "Yes, well, I was second best to Frigga back in Asgard."

"I beg your pardon," Loki smirked from the couch, lifting three fingers in the air. "Third best, my love," Loki corrected Kara.