Chapter 35: Sacrafice

Loki wasted no time in slaying the monsters that stood in his way while he assisted others in fleeing. He could hear his brother giving instructions to soldiers to hold the line to his left and right. Loki had had enough of the monsters spread about the hall. He built a dome around the creatures inside. Thor was well aware of what his brother was up to. Thor jumped into the skies as soon as all of the creatures were encircled, hammering down Mjolnir and bringing down lightning.

"Wonderful idea, brother." Thor praised Loki.

"We need to help these people." Loki looked around and noticed far too many injured people. "Soldiers, help the wounded to the dining hall and barricade the doors."

"I can teleport the wounded to the Hidden Stronghold with your mo-" Dion came to a halt in the middle of their conversation when a portal appeared in front of them. He thought Persephone was stepping out, until Lady Sif appeared. "Where is Persephone?"

"They're fine. They assigned me to gather the wounded and transport them to the hideout. " Sif pushes the men to the side so their conversation is not overheard. "Nat was able to question a wounded councilman. "Baldur is on his way to find the Tesseract."

Loki suppresses down his unease as a glimpse of the titan's face flashes before him. As Loki peered around, Thor and Dion were concerned. His gaze was fixed on the councilor who had disparaged Kara. He was injured and appeared disoriented, as if he didn't belong in this commotion. Loki instantly approached the man and lifted him from the ground.

"Tell me, out of everyone here, you don't seem to be part of a plan." "How come?"

The councilman whimpered. Loki forced him against the wall as Dion immediately drew a knife and slowly penetrated his open wound.

"He asked you a question. Now, respond to him!"

As Dion pushed his dagger further, the councilman yelped in agony.

"He swore the attack wouldn't happen until we were safe, outside the palace walls."

"Why?" roared Thor over Loki's shoulder.

Dion pressed harder and stisted the blade. "She'll crumble us all!" shouted the councilor.

Loki pressed harder, "Who?"

"NYX!"

Loki let go of the corrupt councilman as Thor hauled him to two soldiers and commanded them to put him in a utility closet until further notice. Loki's adrenaline began to soar as soon as he knew what Baldur had planned.

"Dion! You and Sif gather as many people as possible to the hideout. Thor, you must destroy the bridge."

"If we destroy the bridge, we will be sitting targets," Thor adds, perplexed.

"There are other ways out of Asgard," Loki drew him closer.

"Are you sure about this strategy, Loki?" Dion asked, taking a step forward.

"No, but no Bifrost, no reinforcements for our enemies."

Dion nodded and began to assemble people. Thor drew Lady Siff into his arms, slamming his lips into hers. "Come back to me," he said as he pushed away from her. Sif was caught off guard and only nodded.

"What, I don't get a kiss?" Dion chuckled as he opened a portal for individuals to pass through.

"Get the hell out of here," Loki laughed as he pushed him through the portal.

Sif paused before entering the room and returned her gaze to Thor. "When this is done, I expect an explanation." Thor grinned and nodded as she passed through the portal.