Chapter 9: Vow

Loki spent the whole morning preparing items he anticipated they would require in Midgard. His strategy was coming together. He'd be reunited with Kara in a matter of hours.

"LOKI! The plan is set on my end. " Hela, his sister, appeared in the mirror. She peered around, hoping to catch a glimpse of her other brother. "What happened to Tor and his entourage? Shouldn't they have arrived by now?"

"I'm not sure what's keeping-"it was as if Hela had beckoned them. Thor, Lady Sif, and the Warriors Three storm in.

"What kept you?" Loki snarled.

"Sorry, brother. I had to persuade the guards to let me out of my chamber." Thor chuckled awkwardly and apologized, he awkwardly touching the back of his neck.

"What do you mean by 'persuade?" Hela inquired. She smiled at the warrior woman she had seen earlier in Thor's quarters.

"We had no choice except to knock them out." Volstagg responded with a proud smile, pleased with his efforts.

Loki sighed and rolled his eyes. "Of course, I hope you were clever enough to conceal the guards."

"Ummm. Without a doubt, Loki. We hid them in my closet." Volstagg smiled charmingly at Loki. "Don't worry, they're not going to wake up anytime soon. Mjölnir, Thor's hammer, knocked them unconscious."

Fandral stood in front of the mirror. "Who is this lovely creature I see in the mirror? "Could you please tell me your name, my lovely maiden?"

Hela cast a glance towards Fandral. "I am not interested." She shifted her glance to Thor. "Hello Tor, I hope you'll forgive me for interrupting both of you last night." Lady Sif averted her gaze, flushing, as Thor cleared his throat. Hela had a good chuckle at their expense. "So, I must depart. Take care of one another and be safe. "Best wishes, brothers!" She returns her gaze to Fandral and wrinkles her nose before vanishing from the mirror.

"Oh, she wants me." Fandral brags.

"You're ridiculous, Fandral." Lady Sif responded with a sigh and a roll of the eyes.

"Are you well enough to be here, Fandral?" Loki inquired.

"I am well. There's also a damsel to be saved." Loki sighed and rolled his eyes. Of course, he'd consider this a damsel in distress quest.

"Let's go, save our friend." Hougun said.

Loki went through the strategy. The guards outside the dungeon will be taken out by Lady Sif and The Warriors Three. Thor will look after the two guards inside while rescuing Kara.

"Are there any questions?" Loki inquired.

"What if her father is still alive? Do we save him as well, or do we abandon him?" Volstagg

"If given the chance, we will save both." Thor responded, and Loki nodded in agreement. But they both knew Vidarr was a fighter and followed through on his commitments. He'll most likely stay behind to give them a chance to flee. "Let's go save Kara now."

The group departed the chamber and descended into the dungeons.

~~~~~~~

Kara awakened gasping for oxygen, sensing everything around her. She could tap into shadows and see and hear what was going on around her. Guards were chaining up her father beneath her floor.

"Come, sir, we are here to accompany you to your daughter's cells." Another guard patted him down while the guard cuffed his arms. "May I just say that it was an honor to serve under you."

"Thank you," Vidarr answered.

Kara drew her attention back. She inhaled deeply and felt her strength rush within her. She didn't feel any different; she was the same person she had always been, only stronger and more aware of her surroundings. She continued seeing glimpses of various parts of Asgard.