Chapter 24: Together

Kara struck her sword against Moros' scythe. Her wound was slowly healing, but it made it easier for her to swing her sword with her full force. Moros kept trying to strike her, but Kara kept dodging and blocking every move.

She took a second and looked around her to take in the battle around her. Thor had already defeated the minotaur and was now helping Iron-man and Hawkeye with the Cyclops. Wanda and Vision cornered the Chimera. The Captain and the Falcon had just cut off the Manticores' stinger.

"It looks like the mortals and Thor are about to finish off your soldiers." Kara teased. "Surrender to me and I'll make your punishment just."

"I am no fool, my sweet goddess. I see the malice in your eyes. You want to rip me apart with your bare hands. Such darkness, so beautiful, so enticing. " Moros said as he charged at her.

Kara blocked each hit with her sword and kicked him across the chest, making him stumble on his feet and fall to the ground. She took advantage of his mistake, disarmed him, and pointed the end of her sword at his chest, yelling, "Yield, and you may keep your life!"

Moros laughed and swiped his leg under her, bringing her to the floor with him. He quickly jumped on her and pinned her down on the ground, leaning into her. "Beautiful indeed," he said, clasping his lips around hers. He deepened his kiss as Kara fought him off. She brought her knee to his groin. Taking away his air, he gasped from the pain.

Kara quickly pushed him off and jumped on him punching him in the face twice before he kicked her off. He laughed uncontrollably as Kara got on her feet and glared at him.

"Oh come on, goddess, don't tell me you didn't enjoy that," Moros grunted

"Is this a game to you?" Kara asked.

"This is no game, my goddess." Moros charged once again at her. This time, Kara charged forward, impaling her sword in his chest.

"Good, because I am done playing games." Kara growled in his ear and twisted her sword. She pulled it out slowly as Moros fell to his knees. She lifted her sword for a final blow. She felt a blow in her back, and she looked down and saw a blade poking out of her own abdomen.

She felt it being pulled quickly and turned to see Nyx holding the other end of the blade.

"It seems you have chosen your side, my dearest granddaughter. "Nyx said as she held Kara close, whispering in her ear. "Let's see how skilled your lover is."

Thor saw Kara holding pressure on her open wound. The team turned and saw as Kara stumbled on her feet. Steve ran as fast as he could and threw his shield at Nyx, and she disappeared out of sight. The shield flew back to his hand and he slid and caught Kara in his hands. Nyx reappeared, and Steve hunched his body to protect Kara from another strike of Nyx's blade.

Tony, Thor, and Vision struck her with all they had, pushing her away from Steve and Kara. "Run! "Steve took her in his arms and carried her." Get to the quinjet. "

"She is coming back!" Tony yelled.

Shadows began to creep around them, as a slender figure emerged from it, saying, "You can't out run me mortals! "

"Watch us, Elvira!" Tony shouted back.

Before Nyx could attack them, a light engulfed the cave, causing her to fall to her knees. A three-headed dog leaped at Nyx, attacking her and tossing her like a rag doll, knocking her out. A woman appeared next to the heroes.

Her hair was long and dark chocolate brown, and her eyes were hazel like honey. Her dark rose peplos featured her curves and her slender, tall body.

"Quickly before she regains consciousness," the woman said as she took Clint's hand and ran towards the exit, followed by Cerberus. Thor quickly took Kara in his arms and ran as fast as he could to the quinjet.