Chapter 23: Within the Cave

Dion gasped from his bed and saw Nat sitting next to him, "Morning," she smiled kindly.

Dion looked around and, a bit surprised, "Damn, I was hoping it was a nightmare. I really did get stabbed," he winced, feeling sore.

"Yup. You came into our building bleeding, and Loki healed you as much as he could. "

"He did?" When Dion asked, he raised his shirt to see his injury. It was stitched closed. He traced his finger gently over it and felt it sting. It still felt raw. "This could have been fatal."

"I wouldn't touch it. You can pull a stitch," Loki said from the door. "I won't be able to heal you again. "I'm still regaining my magical strength," Loki said as he rotated his shoulders, relieving the strain in his upper back."How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, thank you. I owe you, Aesir," Dion said, placing his right hand over his heart.

"No need. I did it for her. " Loki took a seat next to his bed.

"Did you now?" Nat tease

Loki rolled his eyes, "If you have something to say. Just say it assassin."

Nat glared at Loki, "Oh I got plenty to say."

"Yet, you never actually seem to say a single word."

Nat rolled her eyes. Loki glared at her and dug into her mind.

"You are still mad over the incident. It wasn't my intention for her to run off. I just wanted to-" Loki was interrupted by Dion.

"Protect her," Dion finished, "Believe me, I've been trying to do the same thing for ages." Dion and Loki sighed at the same time. "Has she called or checked in?"

Nat shook her head, "No. We can't trace her phone and she hasn't responded to my calls. "

"Have you checked my phone?" Dion asked.

"No. It got damaged, and we just got you another one. We were changing it. " Nat rose and passed him his new phone. "Should be charged enough to check here."

When Dion turned it on, they waited patiently as he looked through his phone. one voicemail, and one text message.

Dion listened to the voicemail, and he felt relieved. "She wants me to answer my phone. Let me check the text. " Dion's face changed immediately. "No, No, No." He jumped out of his medical bed and winced in pain. Loki grabbed him before he fell.

"What is wrong? Is she okay? " Loki asked.

"No, she is heading into a trap." Dion groaned,

"Explain, now!" Loki got to his feet.

"She is heading to Minnewaska State Park Waterfall. The same waterfall with a certain cave I trapped my attacker and the three-headed dog."

Nat immediately took action, "Friday, get everyone to the meeting room. Tell them to suit up and be ready to go."

"On it!" the AI responded.

"I have to go with you!" Dion yelled.

"No, you are still healing," Loki argued with him.

"I put a spell on the cave so only Kara and I can unlock it. Knowing her, she would lock it back up behind her. " Dion groaned.

"Then show me how to unlock it," Loki demanded.

"Enough!" Nat shouted, "Come on, we will discuss this as a group downstairs."

The team gathered in the meeting room. Everyone was dressed and ready for battle.