Kurai

Akuma means 'devil' in Japanese while Kurai means 'dark'.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Adrien was still upset with his father because of last night. Sure his father held a grudge against bad guys that took his wife's life away but that doesn't mean it will bring her back.

He shook his head to focus on something else while he's getting his books from his locker. But he felt his arm getting dragged by his best friend Nino who dragged him to the boys' bathroom since Nino wants to know what's wrong with his dhampir friend acting so lovey-dovey at Marinette.

"Dude, I think I know why you've been a doofus today" Nino smirked.

"Uhhhh....what makes you say that? I'm....just....being human" He backs away and ended up against the wall and slowly levitated himself when there's no room to get away from Nino.

"It's getting really obvious you have feelings for Marinette," Nino said.

"I swear, I'm not hiding anything. And I just think Marinette is very cute. Agh! I mean, beautiful! I mean gorgeous! I GIVE UP!" Adrien levitated down due to the embarrassment, "Give me tomato juice!" He quickly snatched the can of tomato juice from Nino and quickly takes a sip to calm himself down from the stress and heartbeat.

"Dude, calm down. I know you're in love. That doofus face of yours proves that it's love at first sight" Nino said.

The dhampir gulped hard to swallow the thick liquid of juice, "Okay, I am in love but she doesn't know that I'm a dhampir. I can't just lie to her for what I am not. Even if I have to disobey my father"

"This is gonna get hard, unlike when you revealed yourself to me and Chloe," Nino said.

"It took you guys 3 days to get used to me. And it took you a week to get used to my lack of reflection only on silvery mirrors. This won't be any different to Marinette." Adrien stared at his reflection in the regular mirror.

"Go talk to her then," Nino said.

"What should I say?" Adrien was nervous since he has no idea what he should talk about to Marinette.

"Well, I don't know, think about it," Nino said.

"One of these days I'll hypnotize you if she freaks out that I have fangs for biting" Adrien mumbled in defeat and walked out of the bathroom.

"Got it" Nino nodded.

Marinette was at her locker, putting her backpack in.

"Hey Marinette" Adrien walked to her.

"Ah! Oh hey, Adrien" Marinette jumps in surprise.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to spook you. Are you feeling okay?" He asked since she's a little pale from what she discovered last night.

"I'm fine Adrien. Just saw a horrifying movie last night" She lied.

Adrien believed her but it looked like she either had a nightmare or something else but decided to believe her excuse, "Okay, whatever it was, better not watch it in the dark" He said.

"Yeah, that was stupid" Marinette replied.

"Well, I'll see you in class, Marinette," Adrien said.

-

After school was over, Adrien was talking to Nino when all of a sudden, he saw Marinette distracted again and was not looking when a car was about to run over. He had no choice but to use hyperspeed to get her out of there without anyone seeing him since they can't see him going fast in the blink of an eye.