Chapter 3: Preparation

Coming from lunch, we winded up in our English class with Present Mic...which was SUPER boring, since it's such a normal school thing. I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way, since Kaminari fell asleep on his desk and Kirishima was spinning his pencil on the desk to try to keep it going. I ended up laughing out loud by accident

"Kazutoki, what seems to be funny to you about the use of "affect" and "effect", hm?" Present Mic said quietly, which scared me. He's usually so...loud.

"Honestly, Present Mic, I always forget the difference. I usually have autocorrect fix it for me. That's why I laughed" I quickly sputtered, covering quickly for laughing at Kirishima's failed attempts of spinning a pencil.

"YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW THIS JIGGLYPUFF? HOW ARE YOU SO DENSE" Bakugo turned around to me. I rolled my eyes and yawned.

"You know, I looked into more of what this Jigglypuff is, and you know it's voice can out people to sleep? Maybe I can train myself to do that to you and we can all draw shit on your face." I retorted back at him. Smoke starts coming out of his ears.

"YOU BASTARD, I'LL KI-"

"Relax, Bakugo. Kazutoki quit it and pay attention. You guys can settle your lover's quarrel LATEAAAAAAA" Present Mic says.

"What the fuck?"

"Lover's quarrel? HA, as if I would settle for a damn singing nerd like her!" Bakugo shouts.

I roll my eyes and look towards Kirishima, who has a sudden look of jealousy in his eyes. When he sees me looking, he smiles and winks, making me turn back around and blush instantly. Maybe I should actually pay attention to the lesson...

~ ~ ~

After English, we all headed over to Hero Basic Training.

"Usually we have English before lunch today, I'm curious as to why we didn't" Ashido asks us as we walk towards the classroom.

"I heard he was in the area where two robbers were coming out of a bank, and he stopped them with his vocal cries. He's so cool!" I said.

"You have a similar quirk to Present Mic, seeing as they're both revolved around your voices. You could work hard and become his sidekick!" Kirishima pops into the conversation. I nod and smile at him.

"That honestly sounds great. I think he would help me out a lot! But does he have his own agency?" I asked. They all shrug.

"Maybe he has one, and just doesn't announce it? You should ask him one day, (Y/N)!" Kaminari said.

"Thanks Kaminari!"

"Call me Denki!" He smiles. I nod and use his nickname as we sit down in the classroom.

"I AM..."

We all get a burst of joy hearing the voice of the Symbol of Peace

"...COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!"

"It's All Might!" I hear some people say. I smile as he struts to the podium and clears his throat.

"All right, today we'll be doing some combat training to see where you guys are starting off at. Please follow me!" He booms, leading us towards Ground Beta.

"Woah, it's the same place our entrance exam was at!" Jiro exclaims. All Might nods his head.

That's right. Now, go change into the hero outfits you requested for and meet back here in 10 minutes!

"Yes sir!" We all exclaim. We head to the locker rooms to change, where our suitcases were waiting for us. I grab mine go into a curtain.

My costume is made of natural silk, woven with metal alloy to keep its strength and flexibility. The multiple hexagons located around my body, especially the one on my chest, are purposefully placed to amplify my vocal volume and anything I do with my arms and hands, and they also provide extra support when using physical combat. They change color based on the emotions I am trying to rely to my targets. For example, red for anger, blue for sadness, and yellow for happiness. I'm still figuring out what other emotions I can rely, but that'll take time.