Chapter 19: The Truth

"The hell do you mean our Quirks are connected!!" I cross my arms. All Might sighs and looks at Midoriya. They both give each other a look that silently relays a message across their brains. "Okay I don't know what kind of look you're giving each other, but whatever is going on, you better-" 

Suddenly All Might starts to smoke. His normal muscular physique disappearing, and in his place, a scrawny and hollow figure. My eyes widen in shock as I try to scream in fear, but Midoriya covers my mouth. 

"Don't yell, it's okay!" He says. I take a few deep breaths before he uncovers my mouth. My jaw opens wide as I stare at the man in front of me. 

"What in the actual fuck..." I look at Midoriya "and YOU KNEW?!" 

"He'll explain, just relax...I know we don't talk much, since you hang out with Kacchan and Kirishima a lot, but please, trust me..." He calmly says. I look into his emerald green eyes and suddenly feel peaceful. 

I sigh. "Fine..." I look at All Might. "But I want the whole truth. No bullshit" 

"And that's exactly what I'll give you..." He takes a deep breath and explain the story of Midoriya's quirk, 'One For All', and how All Might passed it down to him. He tells the story of All For One, the history of this Quirk, and the most recent fight with All For One that cost him his terrible injury. After about 15 minutes, my head starts to pound. I hold it and Midoriya rubs my back concerned.

"I know it's a lot to take in...but it's okay" He reassures me. I look up at them.

"How does my Quirk come into play...I just found out-"

"That your Quirk is really called 'Gifted'...I know." All Might sighs. "This is where it starts to connect. One of the previous users of 'One For All' was able to do what your Quirk does, Young (Y/N). This Quirk use to be an addition to 'One For All'" He looks at Midoriya. "You could've suddenly learned how to use this with more training, as well, but..."

"But?" Midoriya and I both say. We glance at each other before making eye contact with All Might once again. 

All Might sighs and sits in front of us. His elbows connect to his knees as he intertwined his fingers nervously. "When I had that fight with All For One, he was trying to take One For All back. This required for him to defeat me. At one point in that fight, he was able to absorb a specific part of One For All..."

"...which would be 'Gifted'..." I whisper. They both look at me, shocked I came up with that conclusion so quickly. "But what about the Quirk I was born with..."

"When your father was threatened to give you this Quirk, he was specifically instructed to give it to you when your Quirk manifested. With what I've seen you do so far, it seems like your voice triggers an abundance of adrenaline that increases your physical skills, along with the skills you acquire when using another Quirk" All Might lectures. I sit and nod, everything finally piecing together. 

"What happens if I try to use mutation quirks?" I ask. All Might thinks for a moment. 

"Usually you wouldn't be able to copy them exactly, but maybe you can gain specific qualities of them..." I look at him confused. 

"Like this!" Midoriya grabs my attention. "If you thought about using Dark Shadow, Tokoyami's quirk, You can probably manifest Dark Shadow himself, but you wouldn't have a bird head like he does..." 

I nod, understanding the concept. "That makes sense....so what if I try to use 'One For All'?"

All Might and Midoriya tense up. "No, no, no, that's too dangerous, your body isn't strong enough for that-"