Chapter 23: The Sports Festival (Part 3)

A/N: This will be a very long chapter (about 2000 words because you guys have been waiting for awhile) and next chapter will finish up the Sports Festival! 

- - - 

Suddenly, my back is against the wall, a body towering over me. I try to scream, but a warm hand covers my mouth. My nose getting the calming hint of caramel I've gotten used to, I look up and meet the ruby eyes of the one I was looking for.

He holds his finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet. I nod and he keeps his hand over my mouth, clearly not trusting me to be quiet. I roll my eyes and look to the side, suddenly hearing the conversation between two familiar voices.

Midoriya? And Todoroki...?

I look back into Katsuki's eyes, him looking into mine. We listen to Todoroki's conversation with Midoriya about his families Quirk Marriage, the abuse he went through with his father, and the actions his mother did to him. I feel tears start to well up as I hear the torturous events of his childhood, making me hold back some sobs. Luckily, Katsuki's hand was still over my mouth, helping with keeping it inside. Footsteps start to echo away from us. Katsuki lets go of my mouth, his face flushed as he realized how close we were. He backs up and looks at me.

"What were you doing here?! You could've gotten us caught by them!" He scoffs at me. I chuckle lightly.

"Oh, so you were spying on them?" I reply.

He glares at me. "Don't avoid my question"

"Then don't avoid mine"

He starts to clench his hands. "No. I wasn't. Now you answer."

"I was looking for you, dumbass."

He gets close to me again. "Don't call me that"

"Why not? You call everyone else that"

"THAT'S DIFFERENT" He barks at me. I start to feel less anxious and afraid around him and more confident with each conversation. I glare into his ruby eyes and cross my arms.

"Don't dish what you can't take, Katsuki" I whisper. His eyes widen and I can see the wheels in his head turning, trying to find something to say.

"W-well! I-I..." He gives up and growls. He starts to walk away. I grab his hand.

"Stop and let me speak" I look at him. "I know you saw me hugging Midoriya-"

"Who cares? I don't. He's a damn nerd, and if you want to be with him, then go ahead" He growls at me. My eyes widen more at each word that comes out of his mouth. I lean back against the wall and scoff.

"Just because I hug someone, doesn't mean I want to be with them. And you have no right to be jealous because I'm not yours!"

Katsuki suddenly puts his hand on the wall next to me and lets out an explosion. I flinch and close my eyes, flashbacks of the night with those two guys corrupting my mind. The constricting feeling in my chest suddenly sharpening and making me hold every ounce of air in my lungs. My hands cover my face in fear of being hurt. I feel the heat that was present to my left quickly disappear. Lowering my hands, I open my eyes and see Katsuki stepping away from me, guilt and fear written on his face.

"I-I didn't mean to..."

"I know.." I try to reach out to him, to take the hand that almost hurt me and show him that I don't blame him. He flinches and backs up.

"I'll just hurt you.."

"Katsuki, it's your temper, I understand-"

"No, you DON'T!" He snaps. More regret instantly hits his face as he spins around and walks back into the arena. My breath hitches as I watch him leave, my hands trembling due to the aftermath. I take a minute to collect myself before heading into the arena, where the rest of the finalists are waiting to see who they are up against.