Chapter 5: Aftermath

Before the second match began, All Might gathered us to discuss the results of the battle. Bakugo, Uraraka, Iida, and I stood in a line in front of them.

"I'll have to discuss these results with Young Midoriya after class, but the MVP's for this battle are both Young Iida and Young Katuzoki!"

"Me? But why? I didn't protect the bomb..." Iida sadly says as I put my hand on his back to support him.

"Who can explain to them?" All Might asks, and Yaoyorozu's arm shoots up.

"It's simple. (Y/N) didn't injure anyone and was able to still weaken her opponents. Yes, there are times when violence is necessary, but she knew to resort to that only if necessary. Although this is training, she treated it like a real situation, despite the dialogue between her and her opponents before using her quirk. She showed what a true hero should be. Iida played his role very well..." Momo continued on, but I was too distracted by Bakugo.

His face dropped very slightly when hearing Momo say that he didn't take the training seriously, and was driven by personal issues. Even though I've only known him for a day, I don't think it's normal for him to show his emotions.

Is that why he freaked out at me? I can't do shit about it, it's literally my quirk. I kind of thought only water or oxygen manipulation was his only weakness, but I guess emotions are too.

"Hey (Y/N), everyone's heading to watch the next match, wanna tag along with me?" Kiri breaks me out of my thoughts, extending a hand towards me with his smile.

His sharp, beautiful, award-winning smile...

"Oh uh, yeah sure Kiri" I smile back and take his hand as he pulls me to his side and we get to the room where all the TV's are.

He lets go of my hand. "I figured I would walk you to the room, since you guys didn't get the chance to find your way up here before" Kiri says, his smile never fading from his face.

"Thanks, Kiri. I appreciate it. Who do you think will win this one?" I say, trying to create a conversation with him.

"Todoroki's team no doubt, that guy is so manly, he's got such control of his quirk!" Kiri goes off, and I laugh, agreeing with him.

During all the matches, Bakugo stayed quiet, not even yelling at the TV when Kirishima accidentally tripped on Sero's tape, which was hilarious. It seriously frightens me when Bakugo yells, but hearing him stay quiet seems deadly.

"Hey Kiri!" I call out to him after his match. "Did you have a nice fall?"

"Hey! I can't help it that Sero's tape is surprisingly hard to move around. At least our opponents couldn't get the bomb so we won!" He gloats, making me chuckle.

Soon, it was the end of the day. We all were waiting in the classroom, when suddenly, Midoriya walks in.

"Midoriya! Man you were so cool, I'm Eijiro Kirishima!" Kiri introduces himself, and gets everyone else to follow along. Midoriya seems very overwhelmed by this, and glances over to Bakugo's seat.

"He just left, we tried stopping him but he didn't even fight back at us. He's been quiet ever since the fight" I tell Midoriya, and as soon as he heard those words, he raced out to meet him. I sighed.

"What's up (Y/N)?" Kiri asks. I look at him and shrug.

"Honestly, I hate what I did out there. I know it's my Quirk, but I don't know why I feel so awful and guilty for doing that to Bakugo. I don't feel this way towards how I used it against Iida, and it was basically the same thing: Using their insecurities against themselves" I look down at my hands. "I don't want people to think I'm a villain because of this quirk..."