Chapter 20: Ready...Set...

For the past 6 weeks, since I gained that time from randomly healing myself with this 'Gifted' Quirk, I've been working on the duration of using different Quirks. I came to the conclusion that when switching the Quirk I use, it resets the timer, which gives me a huge advantage. Hopefully I can use multiple Quirks at once, but that'll take some time. 

After class yesterday, Midoriya invited me to train with him at the beach. Bakugo completely hated this idea, but Kirishima led him off and wished me luck. I met Midoriya at the beach.

"Hey, Midoriya!" I wave to him. He looks over and waves back.

"Hey! Glad you can make it, we don't have to train long, since you've been doing so much recently, I just figured it would benefit both of us to train the night before the Sports Festival!" 

"Sounds good to me!" I walk up to him. I look around the surprisingly clean bach and look back at Midoriya. "So...what's the plan?" 

"Well, for me, I'm working on controlling 'One For All' at 5 percent...so I just need to spar and try to not break my bones..." Midoriya talks. I listen and nod. 

"Well, if you haven't really mastered that yet, I don't think we should do that the night before the festival...you want to have yourself at your best, don't you?" I think out loud. Midoriya nods and scratches his head. 

"Y-yeah! I didn't think much of it...so how can we train?" 

I think for a few moments before smiling. "Well, why don't you just increase your stamina with some running? I can follow along and just use different quirks to get use to how they are!"

"Smart...that way, I won't hurt myself while still training, and you'll be working on using your quirk while increasing stamina!" Midoriya smiles. 

I ruffle his hair and laugh "You're a good analyzer" 

Midoriya laughs and starts running. I gasp and run after him. "You didn't say go!"

"You won't be told when to go during a fight!" Midoriya laughs and keeps running. I start using multiple quirks, like teleportation, telekinesis, and floating. 

"Try singing with it! Didn't All Might say it would amplify each Quirk?"

"You're right!" I start singing random words that come into my head, and try those same Quirks out. "Wow, I'm able to use them faster! And with the teleportation, the distance gets bigger!" 

The both of us continue to laugh and keep training this way for a couple hours, with some breaks in between. 

What I didn't see, was two boys looking down at me from the hill leading up to the beach...

Third Person's POV

"Look at her down there, working with that damn nerd!" Bakugo exclaims, his hands shooting little explosions. 

"Bakugo, she can do whatever she wants. You heard what she said, All Might thinks it's best if she trains with Midoriya..." Kirishima tries to calm him down. 

"No. Something else is going on here...she looked like she was hiding something!" Bakugo glares at Kirishima. "When she was talking to us, I saw the look in her eyes."

"She must have a good reason for it then, Bakugo, you have to trust her!" Kirishima gulps. Deep down, he knows something is off with what Sarah told them, but he pushed it away because he trusts her. 

Bakugo grumbles, feeling jealous that he can't be the one to help her with her Quirk. Kirishima puts his hand on Bakugo's shoulder. 

"Come on, man. We gotta train ourselves. Besides, she's gotta have some tricks up her sleeve, what if she faces us?"