Chapter 22: The Sports Festival (Part 2)

(A/N: You're taking Tokoyami's part in this story arc, sorry if anyone is disappointed by it!) 

Everyone starts running up to their classmates and forming teams. I look beside me and see Eijiro running off, which I'm honestly grateful for. If I was on the same team as him, I would be more worried about hurting him than achieving points. 

I start to look around for people to pair up with, until I feel a tap on my shoulder. 

"Well, you did pretty well in that first round. You usually that adaptable?" A husky voice asks. 

I turn around and my eyes fall upon a purple haired boy with bags under his eye...that are as baggy as Bakugo's pants, if I'm being honest. I feel my necklace under my shirt start to heat up, and I smirk. "If I said yes, I wouldn't be telling the truth." 

His eyes widen. "How are you not brainwashed..." 

"That's a secret only for myself" I look at him. "And thanks for confirming your Quirk for me, usually I don't get that information when Quirks that revolve around the mental state of others are being used" 

He scoffs and walks away, grumbling about how he'll use it on someone else. I watch him walk farther until another person taps my shoulder. 

"(Y/N). Join me." Midoriya looks at me with a serious face. I look at him confused. 

"Midoriya, you really want me on your team, even though my Quirk isn't controlled yet?" I question him, keeping my voice lowered to avoid suspicion around me. He nods and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, we've been training together for a bit, and I think you'd be amazing for defense. I have a plan for you to be the one carrying me, and you can switch off using multiple quirks so your five minutes doesn't end. I can help you with what Quirks you could use that'll benefit us the most at each moment..." He starts to ramble. 

I think about it. I mean, he is up for the most points, so we definitely need to continue to avoid other teams for the entire 15 minute period. But with how adaptable my Quirk can be, it'll be good for my personal training. 

"You've got it." 

He looks at me with wide eyes. "Really?!"

"Well yeah, I mean it'll let me keep using my Quirk. Since I took that break from the first round, I'm feeling pretty good. Besides...we need to finalize teams. The timer is almost up." I smile. "I won't let you down."

"I know you won't!" He smiles. I look around the arena and see Bakugo glaring at me. He walks up to me, Kirishima trying to pull him back, but unfortunately failing. 

"You're pairing up with DEKU?!" He yells. I roll my eyes. 

"What's the problem? I mean, you didn't ask me to be on your team. Besides, this way, I'll already be winning and you'll be chasing ME." I smirk, a new wave of confidence flowing through me. I can see the wire in Bakugo's brain snap as he gazes at me in an angered state. 

"You'll be sorry, Jigglypuff..." He growls with hate laced in his voice as he storms off. Kirishima sends me an apologetic look as he walks away with Bakugo. I'm glad he isn't mad at me, I mean, we all want to forge our own paths, and although I love the both of them, I can't keep myself attached to their hips.

Wait....love?

I shake my head at the thought and focus on what Midoriya's strategy is until Midnight calls for us to form our cavalry. I lift Midoriya onto my back with the help of Uraraka and Hatsume from the support course. 

"You all have 15 minutes...BEGIN!" Midnight cues. Each team starts heading towards us.

"Uh...Midoriya..." I start to panic. He isn't giving me any directions.