Chapter 11

CW: Fighting (not graphic but just in case), and a homophobic jerk. Take care of yourselves lovelies and remember to wash your face and drink some water

★★★

Two days after Regulus' phone call, Remus was still staying at the Potter household. Though he refused to talk about it to anyone. Only the marauders and lily vaguely knew that somehow his mother; Hope, was being held in a hospital.

It had been fairly nice weather for England in Autumn, however, this day it was pouring rain, back to the usual.

And with the actual storm came an emotional one, in the form of Thomas Mulciber. Noted bully and harasser of most every girl at Hogwarts, especially Mary Macdonald, at least before she'd had enough and kicked him in the groin in her stiletto heels. Then he resorted to picking on the rest of her friend group when she wasn't around.

Including Sirius Black.

The Mauraders, Marlene, Dorcas, and Lily we're all sitting together in a hall for their free period, trying to study for Professor McGonagall's exam next Monday.

"Oi! Black, how's everything going with your boyfriend?" He strut up to the group, apparently not content with his current status as a living being.

The group snapped their heads towards Mulciber and his partners in crime, Avery and Malfoy. Blood began to boil. Marlene had to keep shoving Dorcas' fists down.

"Don't got one, Thomas. Though I have open applications, you might not qualify though because of your, how should I say, vomit inducing personality." Sirius thought that this comeback would end this interaction, but apparently the rain was making everyone very agitated.

"You and your smart mouth, filthy little-"

"Knock it off! or I'll go get Mary to-" James tried to cut into this and defend his friend, he also really just wanted to see somebody hit Mulciber in his stupid face.

"It's fine James, I've got this." Sirius, surprisingly, kept calm, must be that rarely seen calm anger that Orion Black was famous for.

"Now, what were you going to say there, Thomas? I assume some sort of slur. So boring, I mean, if you're going to insult me for being gay, at least show a bit of creativity."

"Alright then, you're a disgusting, unatural, freak"

"Shut up." Remus spoke up, in his most intimidating voice, though Sirius being the horn-dog he is nearly started drooling on the spot.

"Well would you look at that, a little nobody standing up for another-"

Yet another interruption from Remus. From his fist colliding with Mulciber's face.

Soon the thunder began to match the boys fight, the intensity of the sky mirroring the scuffle within the walls. Hit after hit, occasionally punctuated by a groan or Lily yelling at them to stop or they'd get caught. (she still wanted Mulciber to get his ass handed to him, she just wanted to make sure it wasn't at the cost of a detention.)

After a few minutes of both the boys getting a few solid hits in on each other with a busted lip for Remus, and a swollen eye for Mulciber, they were finally pulled away from each other. A flash of lightning providing a stark end to the confrontation.

★★★

Professor Mcgonagall had a terrifying aura in certain situations. Seeing one of her favorite students fighting another one with a known history, is one of them.

"I trust you know Mr. Lupin, that you are in a very undesirable situation regarding your actions"

Remus' simply nodded his head, he didn't want to make eye context with the woman and hear her berate him in her strong Scottish accent.