Chapter 27

The end of school came swiftly for everyone. The final class of the year came to an end, and with the all of the teachers dismissals, came absolute chaos.

The yells of celebration rang through the halls, though the teachers very quickly demanded that they quiet down and to be mindful of others. (Didn't shut all of them up, but it's the attempt that counts I suppose.)

After the kerfuffle, our group of intrepid teens met in the back of Remus's car to figure out a way to celebrate summer vacation.

"Well I vote we all just hang out at Florian's" Marlene shrugged.

"We do that every weekend Marls, and besides, I'm lactose intolerant" Mary replied.

Marlene leaned forward in the truck bed, "Okay? You act like you care about that when last Friday you downed two scoops of tres leches ice cream."

"Okay I think we're getting further away from the point." Lily interrupted. "I think we can safely rule out Florian's if we're going to argue about it."

Marlene pouted and leaned back into Dorcas, but didn't continue the argument.

"Well what about James' house?" Peter suggested.

"Nah, Marlene got temporarily banned from the house for her stunt on Valentine's." He shot a look towards the blonde.

"How was I supposed to know that ugly vase was that important!"

"When it was kept sealed in a glass cabinet labeled 'do not touch'!" He screeched in reply.

Lily glared at both James and Marlene, instantly dissolving any chance of an argument. She could be quite intimidating when she wanted to.

"Does anyone have any actual ideas?"

Soon after, the conversation turned into a droning suggestions. Shooting down one's that had already been posed, bringing out more that were immediately shut down, it became a cycle so boring that Remus could barely separate people's voices in his head.

"How about we go to my house!" He shouted, just shut up his friends dull murmurs.

★★★

Remus had made a huge mistake inviting all of his friends over. His anxiety was over the roof as his and James' car pulled up to the small, continually deteriorating house.

His hands gripped the steering wheel like it was the only thing keeping him from simply disappearing off the face of the earth.

Sirius couldn't ignore it."Hey, you okay?"

"What?" Remus turned to Sirius, starting to release his death grip on the wheel.

"It's gonna be okay, I don't think anybody particularly cares what your house looks like."

"Believe me, I know. That's kind of the thing about anxiety." He seethed.

"Hey, no need to get hostile. I'm just trying to help"

Remus sighed, giving up on his 'ignore the anxiety and maybe it will go away' plan. He removed his hands from the steering wheel to face Sirius. "I know, and you're amazing for it, I just haven't had, any friends, really in years. So I just don't know how to feel about all this."

"Hey, it's all gonna be okay, I promise. " Sirius grabbed Remus' hand and nodded, before opening the car door, and going inside.

★★★

So it turned out that Remus inviting his friends over, wasn't such a bad idea. After a quick tour of the single floor house, they went out to the backyard, with a fire pit and a trampoline, that Sirius had almost broken within 5 minutes of jumping on it with James and Marlene.

"Oi! You three get down here, we're starting a fire!" Peter shouted.

"For arson or Marshmallows?" Sirius yelled back.

"Preferably both!"

"We are not commiting arson today." Remus sighed while he sat down on a lawn chair.

James, Marlene, and Sirius ran over to the fire pit, racing to get the first marshmallow. (None of them won, Hope had already started roasting hers when the fire had first gotten hot enough.)

★★★

A few hours later, once everyone ate and talked, trying to enjoy each other's company as much as possible, Sirius dragged Remus was from the fire.

"What's this about?" He questioned.

"Nothing." They smiled and leaned forward. "Just wanted to talk to my boyfriend."

"Then why didn't you get James?" Remus deadpanned, a grin beginning to show up on his face.

"Oh shut up." Sirius rolled his eyes. "Do you want to stargaze for a moment?"

"Why?" Remus raised his eyebrow.

Sirius shrugged. "I think it's nice, and I'm trying to be romantic here, believe or not."

"Of course I believe it! You're the romantic here after all." He said, taking Sirius hands.

"Says the guy who wrote a letter confessing his love to me."

"Oh fuck off"

"OY! You two get over here, we're doing a cheers!" Marlene shouted.

"To be continued?" Remus asked.

"To be continued." Sirius replied.

They walked hand in hand to their friends, a perfect end, to a perfect day.

Notes:

I have way too many conflicting headcanons floating around my brain rn.

So, this is the last actual chapter. (Unless you count the epilogue)
My full tearful letter to you all will be in the next chapter, but in the meantime, stay gay