Chapter 13

Remus and Sirius arrived at their park 15 minutes after getting in the car. Remus insisted that he drive considering the Sirius was a madman behind the wheel.

However, once they got there, the air became stiff. Remus kept thinking to himself things along the lines of 'shit. I can't fancy my friend, hell an acquaintance. That I just so happened to have told some of my deepest darkest fears and secrets. And also think about an unhealthy amount of time in a day. And I also want to comfort and, shit.'

While Remus was panicking, they sat on the swings in silence, barely moving their legs. Sirius tried to start some conversation, but he seemed to be talking to a brick wall.

"Hey, Remus, you know that you can talk to me, right?"

"I know." Remus halted himself to focus on his words, "I'm just, lost in thought"

"You want to talk about those thoughts?"

Remus turned a crimson red. "Absolutely not"

"Okay then?"

A few more moments not silence, only the occasional creak of the swing set.

"Hey, uh, can I put on something?" Remus asked.

"Music I assume?"

"Go ahead!" He softened his voice for a moment, "Then maybe you can tell me about, whatever's going on with you?"

Remus contemplated for a moment, "Yeah. That might actually be nice."

"I agree."

Remus hit shuffle, and while his phone played music

"So, what's been up with you? And I don't want that vague shit you keep saying when James is around."

"Really calling me out here eh, Black?"

"Yeah, now get talking!"

"Fine then." He took a breath, "most of it's my mum."

Sirius nodded.

"This whole thing happened with appendix, and for some fucking reason she'll be staying in the hospital for at least a few more days. It's scary, I don't even know why, and nobody will actually let me visit her."

"That's– shit, I don't what to say to that."

Remus chuckled, "Me neither honestly."

"Well, at least I can say to you with confidence that, it's scary because someone you love is in the god damn hospital for, I assume a much longer time than normal with that."

"Probably." He paused and chuckled, "I'm such an idiot"

"Okay, that's bullshit and we both know it."

"Yeah."

"In fact. You're the smarted guy I've ever met. You're amazing at nearly every single subject in school"

Remus opened his mouth to say something, before Sirius continued talking and he shut his mouth.

"You're witty, and really fucking funny. Even your sarcasm is some of the most bloody hilarious shit I've ever heard!"

Remus didn't bother interrupting this time, and just furrowed his brows and Sirius jumped off and started pacing around the playground.

"You are so kind, one of the kindest people I've ever met, hell! You fought someone for me"

"That-"

"Shush, I'm not done yet."

Remus sighed and put his head in his hands.

Sirius continued his rant, but started walking further away, so Remus stood up and followed his to the slide structure, leaning up against one of the beams.

"As I was saying, you're so fucking kind it makes me question the rest of society because, we all should be as kind as you, even though you do have flaws. You're also, so patient. You help me with my homework even when I don't understand anything about it, and, and–" his voice trailed off.

Sirius' face gained a resolute expression and walked over to Remus, who was, very confused. Before Sirius grabbed him by the collar of his sweater and pulled him into a kiss.