Chapter 16

When Sirius and James got into his cherry red car at the end of the day, James once again started the interrogation, it had become almost routine at this point.

James turned down the stereo, which was already a bad move, since Bowie was on. "I'm only going to ask this once."

"Yes, James?"

"What happened with you at lunch today?"

"Next question."

"Please, I just want–"

"Next. question."

James sighed and turned back up the radio. He knew it was futile at this point, Sirius would talk when he wanted to.

While Sirius was clenching his jaw, trying to not punch James in the face. It wouldn't help anything really.

When they got back to the Potter's, Remus' blue truck was parked in front, and had, boxes? Yes, that's what it was. The knot of anxiety and anger in Sirius' stomach seemed to tighten when they walked inside.

Everything seemed too quiet. Euphemia was probably out in the garden, and Fleamont was going to be at work for at least two more hours.

"REMUS?" James shouted up the stairs, getting a loud response that he couldn't quite make out.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

Once again, he couldn't make out a response. But before he could start yelling again, Sirius rolled his eyes and started walking upstairs, James deciding to stay back, maybe let them work it out for themselves.

Sirius leaned against the door frame of Remus' room with an unamused look. "Lupin."

"Hello, Black."

"So you're going back to your house?"

Remus grabbed a box to get his books from the shelves. "Yeah."

"Awesome."

"I agree."

"When did you get the call?"

"A little bit after I got back here."

"Good."

"I know." The distain was thick in the air. They didn't even know why.

A moment passed, and the bubble popped. "Fuck you."

Remus turned towards him with flared nostrils, and what looked like murderous intent in his eyes. "What?"

He almost threw the box he was holding right at Sirius' head.

"Fuck. You."

Remus scoffed. "Dare I ask why?"

"Because you've been avoiding me, and we haven't even talked about what happened!"

"You could have come up to me and talked at any time!"

"Bullshit! You wouldn't want to talk about ir" He removed himself from the wall and stepped closer to Remus.

"Neither would you!"

"You really think that?"

"I know that."

"So what, you kiss me and suddenly you know everything about me!"

"I already knew! You're a pathetic, selfish ass who doesn't have any semblance of self control who can't deal with his bullshit!"

Silence.

Cold, uncomfortable silence. Remus couldn't quite process what he just said. Sirius opened his mouth, then closed it. Then, started laughing.

"That's really all you think of me– huh? Just, a brainless jerk? Wow, that, that shows what I get for actually giving a shit! You know, I will help you finish packing. Just so that you can get the fuck out of my house sooner. I'll even get James!" He whipped his head around and yelled down the hall, "JAMES! GET YOUR ARSE UP HERE TO HELP LUPIN HERE PACK."

You could hear James bounding up the wooden steps, and when he arrives in the guest room, Remus and Sirius are still in a death glare.

"Hey there– " he looked between his two friends and the growing tension that filled the normally joyous room. "Remus, Take that box and go out to the car. Sirius, go to your room please, I'll be there once I help Remus finish getting his stuff."

Remus nodded before sending one last glare towards Sirius. Who shot right back with an eye roll before stomping off to his room.

★★★

Remus had packed everything and left very quickly after that, thanking James and Euphemia for their hospitality, seemingly hiding the seething rage and disgust for himself.

James sighed. "My two idiot friends."

Euphemia gave him a look. "Pardon?"

"Sirius and Remus got into an argument."

"Is that why he was in such a rush to leave?"

"Definitely."

"I'm going to assume that you're going to help them out with this?"

"Probably going to have to. Stubborn bast-"

"Language, James."

James fault his face heat up. "Sorry, Mum"

"It's fine. If you want I can give you some help with those two"

"That would be great."

"I dealt with nearly the exact same thing with some friends when I was you're age."

"What! With who?"

"Killian and Anthony, when my family first came here."

"They're together?"

"James, you realized that your friends liked each other, right?"

"Yeah but I didn't know that those two were actually together!"

Euphemia chuckled and walked back inside. James quickly running after her asking a bunch more questions.

★★★

Later, after Euphemia exhaustively laid out the entire story, James finally went back up to Sirius, who had, unsurprisingly, not calmed down.

He knocked very lightly on the door, then steeped back just in case Sirius slammed it into his face.

"It's James right?"

"Yeah"

"Come in."

James gingerly opened the door and looked in to see, Sirius sitting on the ground next to his dresser. Still sitting in torn jeans and their leather jacket.

He sat next to Sirius, who leaned his head up against James' shoulder.

"Do you want to talk?" Sirius shook his head. "Want me to put on some music?"

Sirius nodded and moved over a little so that James could move to plug his phone into the old speaker.

"You want something sad or angry?"

He knocked his head back against the wood. "Sad, definitely sad."

"Alright then."

James put on the first song in his ever useful "Padfoot is sad :((" playlist, then sat back down on the carpet with Sirius. Who leaned their head back onto James and sighed. James wrapped his arm around their shoulder to try and comfort them.

Ah, now I don't hardly know her

But I think I could love her

Crimson and clover

Notes: 

would like to formally apologize for my *awful* writing. As well as say that, because I'm a perfectionist and a maniac, I may be thoroughly editing and re-writing some of the previous chapters, so, look out for that I guess?

Anyways, drink some water, eat something small at least, wash your face,and do something that makes you happy.