Chapter 12

It sometimes seemed like only Lily Evans ever knew what she was doing when it came to planning. This is absolutely true, though she barely had any clue. But it was still a hell of a lot better than the rest of her friends.

Lily sighed and put her head in her hands, "I'm surrounded by bloody Idiots"

"Look, it's not my fault that I only got my girlfriend because she found my dumbass-ery endearing!" Marlene threw up her hands in defeat. Dorcas just chuckled at it.

"I barely have any idea of what to do, I got my boyfriend out of sheer happenstance" James had it out of his mouth before he could even realize, then slapped his hands over his mouth.

Lily turned her face towards him, eyes holding a bright green flame. "Hold on. You, have a boyfriend. BUT YOU STILL ASK ME OUT?"

"YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?" Peter exclaimed, leaning onto the table.

"Shit." It was very few situations where James would curse. This was one of them.

Dorcas raised her brow, before saying in an intrigued tone, "Explain yourself, Potter."

James sighed. "I don't even know if he is my boyfriend. All I know is that we worked out that neither of really care if we have other things going on outside ourselves."

"More like other people eh?" Marlene said with a smirk, before Mary elbowed her in the ribs. "Ouch!"

Mary brought the conversation back around to what they were supposed to be doing. "You know what, let's ignore Potter's love life, for now" she gave a pointed look towards James, then turned her attention back to the full group. "and get back to how we should set up Remus and Sirius."

"I think I have something." Peter shrugged.

"Go on"

"We all plan to meet up, then end up bailing, then leave them alone to talk?"

"Not bad Pete!" James reached over the table and gave Peter a high five.

"That's actually pretty good. But Remus will probably be suspicious if we all drop out at the same time."

"How about just the Mauraders? I can say that I have a date and so CAN-"

"I will be saying that I'm sick."

"Right! Aromantic, I'm so sorry Pete"

Peter rolled his eyes and sighed, "you're fine. I swear, you would forget that Sirius was gay if he didn't yammer on about hot guys at least 4 hours a day."

Marlene shrugged "Well, I'm a lesbian and even I can admit that Johnny Depp is attractive"

"Very true" Mary added.

"When the hell did this conversation get so off track that we started talking about Johnny Depp?" Dorcas leaned forward in her seat as she said this.

"I think about when James brought up his vague relationship status with a mystery man"

"Who will remain a mystery"

Lily was the next to speak up. "Speaking of, WHAT IN THE EVERLIVING FUCK WHERE YOU THINKING-"

★★★

Remus and Sirius sat alone in an empty diner, very impatiently waiting for Peter and James to show up, before both of them sent a message to the group chat.

Prongs

Sorry can't come I'm on a date!!!!

Wormtail

I've been throwing up for the past 5 minutes so I'm not going out.

Padfoot

That sucks ass Wormy, hope you feel better

Proud of you mate! Lily finally agree to go out with you

Prongs

Nah its a guy

Padfoot

WAIT YOU'RE BI? AND TOU DIDN'T TELL ME?????

Prongs

Pan but yeah. Sorry?

Padfoot

DON'T BE SORRY! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU'RE GIVING ME ALL THE DETAILS ONCE REMUS AND I DRIVE BACK IN A LITTLE BIT

Prongs

Stay out! Have fun for Peter and I.

Padfoot

Will do ✌️

Moony

I'm mildly confused by this conversation. But uh, Congrats James!

Prongs

Why thank you Remus :D

___

Back in the diner booth, the two teens sat in an uncomfortable silence.

Remus sighed, it seemed he would have to be the one who broke the ice, "So. What do we do now?"

"I have no clue."

"Wanna go back to the park?"

Notes:

Sorry this was really short. I got writers block with the whole Remus and Sirius unofficial date thing so I figured I'd just put it up for the next chapter. Thank you so much for reading! Wash your face, eat something if you can, and remember to drink some water.