4. kian

Third Person's PoV

Third Person's PoV

Skyler Greene's eyelids fluttered open to the rhythmic sound of rain tapping against the car window. Confusion creased her forehead as she found herself in the unfamiliar surroundings of a passenger seat, the leather cool against her skin. The realization dawned on her - this was no dream.

She pinched her cheek, a sharp pain confirming the harsh reality. Her heart raced, a mix of fear and bewilderment coursing through her veins.

"Don't hurt yourself, baby. Are you still sleepy, hungry?" The voice was soft yet hoarse, a melodious sound that somehow soothed her frayed nerves.

Skyler's head whipped towards the driver's seat, and her breath hitched. There, as if conjured from her deepest fantasies, was a man of such arresting beauty it seemed almost otherworldly. His nose was sculpted perfection, his eyelashes long enough to cast shadows on his cheeks, and his lips... a flush of red that hinted at the forbidden.

"W-who a-are you? W-where are y-you t-taking me?" she whispered, her voice betraying her with a stutter that made her cheeks burn with embarrassment. Skyler cursed her treacherous tongue, wishing for once it would cooperate when she needed it most.

The man turned, a gentle smile gracing his features, and Skyler felt a strange sense of calm envelop her. Despite the situation, despite the fear, there was an undeniable pull towards this stranger, a connection that defied explanation.

As the car continued its journey through the rain-soaked streets, Skyler's mind raced. Who was this man, and what did he want with her? The questions swirled, but deep down, a part of her wasn't sure she wanted the answers.

A smile flickered across his lips, a brief but genuine expression of warmth. "I'm sorry, did I scare you, little baby? I tried to rouse you before securing you in my car, but you were unconscious. Are you feeling better now?" His glance was fleeting, yet Skyler felt the heat of embarrassment flood her cheeks once more. "We're en route to the nearest police station. Is that alright with you? I've informed the authorities, and those three men have been apprehended. I insisted you accompany me because you were still out cold, and I didn't want you to panic upon awakening in a police vehicle." His tone was a balm, designed to ease her fears.

"A-arrested?" Skyler's voice emerged as a feeble croak.

"Mhm, yes. Are you hungry? Or would you prefer to rest? We can postpone the visit to the station until tomorrow. I'll explain that you need more time to recover and aren't ready to give your statement. What do you think, baby?" As she clutched the fabric of the hoodie she found herself in, a new worry crept in. Her jacket - where was it?

The man's concern for her well-being was palpable, yet Skyler couldn't shake the feeling of unease. The pieces of the puzzle were slowly coming together, but the full picture remained elusive. As the car hummed along, Skyler wrestled with her thoughts, torn between gratitude and suspicion, comfort and caution. The night was far from over, and the truth, whatever it may be, awaited her.