88. his love, her support

Third Person's PoV

As the first rays of sunlight filtered through the open curtains, casting a warm glow over the spacious room, Sky's eyes fluttered open. For a brief moment, her heart raced with confusion, the unfamiliar surroundings catching her off guard. The luxurious penthouse, with its high ceilings and modern decor, was a stark contrast to the memories that still lingered in her mind.

She sat up, the soft sheets pooling around her waist, and took a deep breath as she tried to orient herself. The realization dawned on her slowly—she was in Kian's penthouse, safe in the sanctuary he had built for them. The fear that had gripped her heart melted away, replaced by a sense of peace and belonging.

 The fear that had gripped her heart melted away, replaced by a sense of peace and belonging

(Photo from google)

Kian, who had been watching her sleep, rose from the armchair by the bed where he had spent the night ensuring she was comfortable. He approached the bed with a gentle smile, sensing her momentary panic. "Good morning, my little Sky," he said softly, his voice a soothing melody that calmed her further. "Did you sleep well?"

Sky nodded, her smile returning as she reached out for his hand. "I did, thank you," she replied, her voice still heavy with sleep. "It's just... this place is so beautiful, it took me a second to remember where I was."

Kian sat on the edge of the bed, his hand caressing her cheek. "I wanted to create a space where you'd feel as cherished and loved as you are," he explained, his gaze filled with adoration. "This penthouse, it's not just a place, it's a beginning for us, a new chapter."

Sky leaned into his touch, her earlier trepidation forgotten. She was home—not just within the walls of the penthouse, but in Kian's presence.

But then Sky's pouted  playfully, her eyes lifting to meet Kian's with a mix of concern and curiosity. "And you, did you manage to get any rest?" she asked, her voice tinged with a softness reserved only for him.

Kian's nod was enthusiastic, his eyes crinkling at the corners with genuine contentment. "Yes, after years it feels like I've finally caught up on sleep," he admitted with a laugh. His finger reached out, gently booping Sky's nose in a playful gesture before leaning in to plant a tender kiss on her cheek.

The moment was light and full of unspoken promises, but a small growl from Kian's stomach betrayed his hunger. "You know," he started, a sheepish grin spreading across his face, "I was so eager to get here, I completely forgot to eat dinner after my flight from Italy."

Sky's expression shifted to a mock sternness, her pout returning but this time with a purpose. "Kian!" she exclaimed, her voice feigning disapproval while her eyes danced with amusement. "You must take better care of yourself."

Kian couldn't help but chuckle at her adorable reprimand. "I know, I know," he conceded, his laughter subsiding into a warm smile. "But all I could think about was being here with you. Besides," he added with a wink, "I can't think of a better way to start the day than having breakfast with my little Sky."