5. pretty little girl

Third Person's PoV

Third Person's PoV

Skyler savored the pasta, each bite a symphony of flavors she hadn't known in years. The rich sauce and perfectly cooked noodles were a stark, welcome contrast to the instant noodles and plain water that had been her sustenance for so long. As she took another bite, a contented sigh escaped her lips, a sound of pure culinary delight.

Kian watched her with a warm smile, his question gentle, "You like it, baby?" Her response was a shy nod, her gratitude evident in the softness of her eyes.

He was pleased, "Glad to know that, bambina. After you finish, do you think you can take a shower? You were drenched when I found you, caught in the downpour. And your jacket," he added, seeing the question in her gaze, "is in the backseat of my car. I had to give you my hoodie, or you'd be ill by now."

As Skyler polished off the last of her meal, Kian's smile broadened. She hadn't realized the depth of her hunger until the pasta was gone, and yet, a lingering hunger remained. It was more than just for food-it was a craving for safety, for the kindness that Kian had shown her, a stranger who had become her sanctuary in a world that had been unkind.

In the comfort of Kian's home, with the rain a mere whisper against the windows, Skyler found a moment of peace. And in that peace, an appetite for more than just food began to stir-a hunger for a new beginning.

"Thank y-you," Skyler murmured, her voice a soft stammer. The thought of showering without her own clothes to change into made her bite her lip in nervousness. She averted her gaze from Kian's penetrating hazel eyes to the safety of the large flat-screen TV on the wall.

Kian's response came with a light-hearted chuckle, "Silly, I can lend you some of my clothes. I'll wash and dry yours so they're ready for tomorrow. Does that sound okay, amore?"

Her nod was timid, a silent expression of her gratitude. As Kian gathered her empty plate and the glass that once held orange juice, Skyler felt a pang of guilt for not offering to clean up after herself. Yet, the comfort of the sofa held her in place, a feeling of warmth she wasn't ready to relinquish.

"Do you still want more pasta?" Kian asked, his voice carrying a hint of amusement.

"Uh, no. C-can I go shower now?" she asked, her hesitation clear as she finally met his eyes.

"Sure, baby," Kian agreed, his teasing tone evident. "But you seem so comfortable, almost snuggling deeper into the sofa. Aren't you, baby?" His teasing was gentle, accompanied by the playful bite of his lip and a self-knowing chuckle.

In the safety of Kian's home, Skyler found a rare moment of respite. The warmth of the meal and the kindness of a near-stranger wrapped around her like a blanket, offering a comfort she hadn't known in years. It was a simple act of generosity, but to Skyler, it meant the world-a beacon of hope in the dimness of her past.