89. kian's pure love

(Photo from google)

(Photo from google)

Third Person's PoV

Sky's insistence was gentle but firm, her hands already reaching for the apron hanging on a hook by the kitchen door. "I want to cook for you this time," she said, her voice laced with determination. "You've done so much for me, let me do this for you."

Kian hesitated, his protective instincts mingling with the desire to indulge her every wish. "But I always want to take care of you," he protested softly, his eyes betraying his reluctance to let her lift a finger.

Sky turned to face him, her expression resolute. "And you do, in more ways than I can count," she replied, tying the apron around her waist. "But today, let me be the one to feed you. It's my turn to take care of us."

Kian's resistance melted away under her earnest gaze, and he nodded, conceding with a warm smile. "Alright, my little chef," he said, his tone playful. "Show me what you've got."

With a triumphant grin, Sky set to work, her movements graceful and confident as she began preparing an Italian dish, the aroma of fresh herbs filling the air. She then reached for a selection of ripe fruits, squeezing them into a jug to make a refreshing juice.

As she worked, a question formed in her mind. "Kian, why are there supplies here if you're not staying?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

Kian leaned against the counter, watching her with admiration. "Ah, that would be Sebastian's doing," he said, his voice tinged with gratitude. "I asked him to bring some essentials over earlier while you were still asleep. I wanted to make sure we had everything we needed."

Sky paused, her hands still, as she absorbed his words. Then, with a smile that lit up her face, she nodded, her heart full. "You think of everything," she said, her voice soft with happiness.

Kian's laughter was rich and warm, echoing through the penthouse. "Only the best for my Sky," he said, his eyes sparkling with love.

The scent of basil and tomato wafted through the air as Sky moved with ease around the kitchen. On the stove, a pot simmered with the promise of a hearty meal. Kian watched in silent awe as she added a pinch of salt, her hands sure and steady.

"What are you making?" Kian asked, his curiosity piqued by the familiar aroma.

Sky glanced over her shoulder, a playful smirk on her lips. "It's Pasta alla Puttanesca," she revealed. "A dish as bold and spirited as our love."

Kian's eyes widened in surprise. "Puttanesca? That's one of my favorites," he said, his voice a mix of astonishment and delight. "I didn't know you could cook it."

Sky's cheeks flushed a rosy red, and she turned off the burner, her gaze dropping to the floor. "I... I learned to make it because it reminds me of you," she confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. "Every time I missed you, I would cook this dish. It was like having a piece of you with me."