14. flavor of forgiveness

Third Person's PoV

Third Person's PoV

The world outside was a gentle whisper of life, the rain's soft touch turning into a mist that seemed to dance around them. Sky and Kian, each clad in their jackets, stepped out of the safety of the apartment building, venturing into the open where the air was fresh with the scent of rain.

Kian led the way, his hand finding Sky's as they navigated the wet sidewalk. The droplets were like tiny prisms, reflecting the hesitant light of the afternoon sun that fought to break through the clouds. It was almost three, and the day felt like it was holding its breath, waiting for them to take the first step into the rest of their lives.

Sky's gaze fell upon the car, a newer model than the one she remembered. It was sleek, with lines that spoke of speed and comfort, and it gleamed even under the subdued light of the day. Kian noticed her lingering look and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"It's just a car," he said with a soft chuckle, "but it's ours for today."

Sky smiled, the warmth in Kian's voice melting away any lingering doubts. They reached the car, and Kian unlocked it with a beep that seemed too loud in the quiet afternoon. He opened the passenger door for her, and she slid inside, the seat embracing her with a familiarity that felt like a promise.

Kian got in the driver's side, and the car's engine purred to life, a low rumble that spoke of power and potential. He glanced at Sky, his eyes asking a silent question that she answered with a nod. They were ready.

As Kian drove, the scenery passed by in a blur of green and gray, the world still dripping from the rain. Sky watched the droplets race across the window, each one a tiny world of its own, and she thought about the vastness of the life she was stepping into.

Kian's voice broke the silence, a soft melody that filled the space between them. "I have something planned for us," he said, his tone mysterious yet inviting.

Sky turned to him, curiosity lighting up her features. "W-what is it?"

"You'll see," he replied with a smile that told her it was something special.

The car slowed to a stop, and Kian parked it with careful precision. They were in front of a quaint little shop, its windows displaying an array of colorful items that immediately caught Sky's attention.

"This is our first stop," Kian announced, his hand on the door handle. "Are you ready for a little adventure?"

Sky's heart leaped with excitement. "With you? A-always," she said, her voice steady despite the fluttering in her chest.

They stepped out of the car, the tiny droplets a gentle caress against their skin. Hand in hand, they walked towards the shop, the bell above the door chiming their arrival. The adventure was just beginning, and Sky couldn't wait to see where it would take them.

The bell's chime was a gentle herald to a world of wonder that awaited Sky and Kian. As they crossed the threshold, a kaleidoscope of colors and shapes greeted them, each shelf and corner of the shop brimming with treasures. Sky's eyes sparkled with delight as she took in the rows of stuffed toys, each with its own charming character and soft, inviting texture.