Chapter 15

There is never a dull moment in the Ndlovu household

Thuli

They say when life throws you lemons you make lemonade, well that is what I've been trying to do with my life. You must be wondering how well after the revelations about who am I, I decided to move permanently to Durban and whilst I'm at that I'll change my surname from Thuli Mavuso to Thuli Ndlovu. It's a big transition but it'll be worth it as I'll be choosing me amongst everything else, for once I'll be doing what's best for me and me only well not really me only but you know what I mean.

Well I did tell the family about my pregnancy not that telling them would have changed anything. Like with or without support I can take care of myself and my baby, but mom...ok saying that sounded weird but I'll get used to it has been going all out on all her grandkids in the oven. She literally bought baby clothes for my baby and Zade's babies and I don't see her stoping anytime soon. So my brother uNathi yena decided to give me one of his many apartments and the one he gave me was in Ballito with a great sea view mntkbw we wake up to the sea breeze this side...so it's safe to say life has been great and I'm taking each day as it comes, with the discoveries I make about me and my siblings njee.

Yes I have my moments where I second guess the decision of leaving Mavuso especially when the weird 3 am cravings hit me. This other time I found myself pressing his number on the microwave unknowingly. Mgowo and pregnancy are a combo made in hell I tell you.

So currently I am getting ready for the cleansing ceremony which will be taking place at the crack of dawn in the river and I cannot wait for it to be done so that the ancestors can bring Zade back to us I mean who am I going to gossip with when she becomes a dlozi? (an ancestor?)

The cleansing ceremony was gonna be performed by Azade's mom which is shocking as to why she didn't warn her daughter about all this Ndlovu drama because wow Sana but maybe she has her reasons.

At 11 o'clock we all got into the family car mom, Nathi, Azade's mom, Bandile and I. Dad was driving behind in a van that had the goat that will be slaughtered for the ceremony.

After a long ass drive we arrived at the river and was it not scary yhoo. The water was calm and black as the night. Funny enough the moon was full today and shining in all its glory njee. The time was 11:50 so Azade's mom began by burning impepho while calling out our clan names and clapping hands at the same time...

Azade's mom

"It's time bakwethu so I'll start with the first born Nkosinathi then Nkosinaye and then your father. Lastly it will be Nomzamo and you MmaNdlovu. Whatever you see on the river do not be afraid as it is the ancestors showing themselves, it will be them accepting this ceremony but I must let it be known that a second ceremony will need to be done with Nkosinathi and Azade after he has paid for damages and cleansed the Nzimande name but for now let's begin and whatever happens after this will be the ancestors showing their anger or forgiveness, so whatever might follow has to be done as you have been warned time and time again but you chose not to listen. After washing, I'll need each and everyone of you to not look back go home Kwa Ndlovu nowhere else, no fighting and blame shifting and no sex for this week"

Narrated

As soon as Nathi stepped into the water it started clearing out, he started bathing himself with the water mixed with herbs as soon as he was done he left looking forward as ordered. Next followed Naye, instead of the water clearing up it just darkened which was shocking to some but not to Azade's mom as she knew what was going on but Naye proceeded to bath with the water, after he was done he left the same way his brother did.