Chapter 9

Sophia's Pov

I wake up to John B shaking me.

“Hey, it’s 10. You can leave now,” He says when I open my eyes. 

“Finally, I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed.” I say with a little laugh.

He laughed in response. 

I get up and waddle over to the wheelchair that I have to use for 6 weeks.

“I can’t wait for you to be my slave for a whole 6 weeks,” I say to John B.

“Yea how about no. That can be JJs job,” He says, rolling his eyes. He walks over to me and pushes me out of the room and to the elevator. He hits the button for the main floor.

“Where is everyone else?” I ask.

“Sarah is in the car and I have no idea where JJ is. Kie should be coming over later,” John B says. 

"Okay," I say.

The elevator doors open and he pushes me out to the van. When we get to the van John B opens the door and helps me inside. He then spends the next 15 minutes struggling to close the wheel chair so it will fit in the back of the van. Me and Sarah laugh at him the whole time. When he finally gets it closed he throws it into the back and gets in the van. The ride home was silent. I spend this time thinking about JJ. I don't know if he actually came to the hospital to see me. I wonder what he's doing right now. He's prolly with Bella. 

When we get to the chateau Sarah helps me out of the van, well John B runs inside because he has to take a shit.

"Hey Sarah, can I ask you something?" I ask.

"Yea, what's up," She says.

"Did JJ come and see me at all when I was in the hospital?" I ask.

"Yea, JJ was actually the first one in there to see you. He cried the whole drive to the hospital." She says.

"Oh, okay. I was just wondering."

Sarah pushes me toward the house, struggling to get me up the porch stairs. When she finally gets me up she takes me to my room. When we go in, I see JJ asleep on my bed.

"Want me to wake him up and tell him to leave?" She asks, not knowing if I wanted to be by him.

"No, it's fine," I say in a whisper.

"Okay." She pushes me closer to my bed. "You good?"

"Yea," I say and she walks out closing the door behind her.

I climb out of the wheel chair and struggle to get up next to JJ. When I get on the bed, I lay down on my side and grab JJ's arm wrapping it around my torso and snuggle into him. I missed this so much. I shouldn't have ran off yesterday, I should have just talked to him in private to get everything situated. I fall asleep, again, listening to the sound of JJ breathing.

I wake up a few hours later. I open my eyes and look at the clock that is on my wall, 2:45. I yawn and turn over to look at JJ. I kiss his forehead and he smirks.

"Hi, princess," He says.
"Hi, pretty boy."

"How are you feeling?" He asks, opening his eyes to look at me.

"Okay, I guess. Besides the broken arm and leg," I say.

"I'm sorry about that, if I could I would have done everything different yesterday."

"JJ, it's not your fault."

"It kinda is."

"It really isn't," I say. He tries to start talking about how it was his fault but I place a soft kiss on his lips to shut him up. He just stares at me afterwards, his eyes tracing every part of my face. I can't help but stare into his ocean eyes. 

"How long do you have to be in your casts?" He asks, finally breaking the silence.

"Six weeks," I say with a sigh.

"That's gonna be a long six weeks," He replies. 

I was about to ask him if the things he said at the hospital were true but his phone started ringing. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. I saw his face light up when he saw who was calling.

"Hey, babe," He said.

My heart instantly dropped. So many emotions swarmed into my head. I wanted to cry but at the same time I wanted to drop kick Bella into another universe. I also wanted JJ to be happy, even if he wasn't with me. JJ gets up out of bed and walks out of the room not saying anything to me. After a couple seconds I couldn't hold in the tears any longer. I started crying. I felt like I wasn't good enough for him. Of course, he wanted Bella. She was gorgeous and I was just average. 

"Hey, babes, what's wrong?" I hear Kie say.

I look up at her, "Nothing, I'm okay," I say, whipping my tears and putting on a fake smile. She shuts my door and walks over to the bed sitting next to me.

"You're not fine, what's bothering you?" she asks.

I tell her about everything that has happened from JJ leaving with Bella the other night all the way until what happened just now. I did leave out the part of me staying with Rafe, I just said I was with Sarah.

"Awe, baby. I am so sorry. But look at me." She says. I look at her.

"You are so much better than Bella, you wanna know why."

I shake my head yes.

"I overheard that Bella doesn't smoke weed, vape, surf, or any of that. She's your average kook. JJ's gonna get bored of her real fast and realize how much he hurt you." She says.

"Wait, hold on. She doesn't smoke?" I ask.

"Nope," Kie replies.

"How does she get through her life like that. I can't even go a day without smoking," I say with a laugh.

"I have no idea," She says laughing. 

"Speaking of smoking, wanna go do that?" I ask.

"Obviously."

Authors note:
We finally have some Kie is this chapter. I think I'm gonna bring Pope into the book soon! <3