Chapter 12

Sophia’s Pov

I wake up aching in pain. I look around and see that I am in my bedroom, I go to get up.

“Nope, don’t you dare think about getting up,” JJ says, walking in with the first aid kit.

I lay back down knowing JJ is right. He comes and sits on the bed and opens the first aid kit, he grabs some rubbing alcohol and tissues.

“This is gonna hurt, okay?” JJ says looking at me, I nod. He starts on my face and I wince at the pain, tears start forming in my eyes and I quickly grab his hand. 

“It’s okay,” He says as he continues to wipe my cuts on my face.

“Can I lift your top? I wanna check for more cuts,” He says holding onto the hem of my top, I nod in approval. He slowly lifts my top and stares at the cuts and bruises that covered my small body. I think back to what he said on the boat and immediately cover my stomach with my arms.

“Sophia, please don’t cover your body, let me clean your cuts.” I stare at his blue eyes. I slowly remove my arms and he is in shock at how bad it looks. He cleans them up and closes the first aid kit.

“Take this,” He says, handing me a painkiller. I grab the pill and the water in the red solo cup he gave me and swallow the pill, he exits the room to put the first aid kit away and comes back in, sitting on the bed again.

“Thank you.” I say just above a whisper.

“Don’t thank me, I am just making sure you are okay.” He says staring into my eyes.

“I’m sorry,” He says looking at the ground. “You wouldn't be in this condition if I didn't say what I said to Bella.” He says tears forming in his eyes. “It’s all my fault.” I look at him.

“JJ, it’s fine, it’s true isn’t it?” I say trying to contain my tears.

“Please don’t say that. It isn’t true. I think you're beautiful and perfect on the inside and out. Bella may be beautiful on the outside but she is ugle on the inside. I love your brown eyes, I love your long brown hair, I love your laugh, I love the way you care for everyone even if they have hurt you. I love yo- I, you're perfect.” He sighs at the end. I stare at him with wide eyes, was he about to say he loved me?

“Um, who did this to you anyways?” JJ asks. “I wanted to ask you earlier but you fainted.”

I stay silent for a second. “Bella.”

“Sophia, that's not funny. She was with us the whole time.” JJ says.

“I know, but when I was on my way back to the house after taking a walk, I ran into her. She said that you asked her to go home and then she attacked me and was yelling at me saying that I was a worthless piece of shit and that you were all hers.”

“No, that’s not true. Bella would never do something like that,” JJ says standing up.

I started getting really annoyed, is he really gonna trust her over me? “JJ, would I lie to you about something like that! I mean look at me, who else would do this?” I say.

“Sophia you sound fucking crazy right now.” He says. “Stop fucking lieing. Bella wouldn’t do that.”

“Fuck you, JJ. Are you really not gonna believe me? Get the fuck out!” I yell. He leaves the room, slamming the door behind him. 

How could he do that? He’s really not gonna believe someone he has known for years, but he’ll believe some slut he just met? I lay down and get comfy under the covers. I decide I might as well go to sleep so I don’t have to deal with anyone else. I start to feel my eyes get heavy and I soon fall asleep.

I wake up to the sound of crowing coming from the well known rooster and the sunlight coming through the cheap white curtains. I turn to my side but I wince in pain. I grab my phone and look at the time, 7:04 am. I open up tik tok and scroll for a few minutes when I’m interrupted by knocking on the door. I wait a few seconds but nobody got the door. I guess no one else is home. I crawl out of bed and walk to the front door.

“Oh my god, finally someone answers the door.” I stare at the annoyed figure.

“Great. JJ’s not here, you can leave now.” I say leaning my figure against the door frame so she can’t just waltz in here.

“Well I was actually wanting to talk to you.” She says, looking pissed.

“Awesome, so you attack me for no reason and now wanna chit chat. I think not.” I say, going to shut the door.

“You have fucked everything up between me and JJ. Him and I were finally getting close again but you decide to pull a stunt like yesterday and now he has forgotten about me once again, like he always does.” Bella spits at me.

“Bella, I really don’t care. Now can you leave me alone?” I ask.

“Whatever, he’ll come back to me when he realizes you're a worthless piece of shit, fat cow!” She yells, spinning around and walking away, leaving me at the door processing what just happened.

Tears silently fall down my face. Bella is right, I am a worthless piece of shit. I am nothing compared to her. It wasn't the first time I got called a cow by someone but hearing her say it actually hurt me. I hear someone walk up behind me.

“Who was that?” Sarah asks. I turn around and look at her.

“Wait, are you crying? What happened?” She asks. Before she could get an answer out of me I run to the bathroom and lock the door. 

“Sophia, what the hell open the door right now!” Sarah yells, fiddling with the door handle. I hear the front door and someone walk in.

“Oh thank god, JJ something happened and I don’t know what. She ran in here and won’t let me in.” Sarah says.

“Sophia, what happened?” JJ asks. “Open the door.”