Chapter 29

Kie is leaning up against the twinkie making out with Rafe Cameron. My eyes widen at the sight of them. I turn to look at Sarah and she looks pissed.

“What the hell, Kie,” Sarah yells, moving from behind the car. They instantly freeze and pull away from each other.

“Oh um hi guys,” Rafe says, rubbing his neck nervously.

“Rafe? Kie? What the hell are you guys doing?” I ask. Kie looks around nervously.

“Did Pope follow you guys?” She asks.

“No,” I say.

“Okay, please don’t tell him you saw us,” She says looking at Rafe.

“How long has this been going on?” Sarah asks Kie.

“A couple weeks,” Rafe replies.

“Shut the fuck up Rafe, I wasn’t asking you,” Sarah says.

“So you're just cheating on Pope?” I ask, getting mad.

“I- I guess,” Kie says.

“Your a fucking whore,” I say.

“Don’t call her that,” Rafe says, getting offensive.

“Rafe shut the fuck up,” I yell. They are pissing me off right now, Kie is with Pope and Rafe. I don’t know why he wants anything to do with her. I hear the boys laughing and I’m assuming they're coming to the twinkie.

“You should prolly go,” Kie says to Rafe. He nods his head and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

“What the fuck,” I say under my breath.

“Please don’t tell Pope,” Kie begs. We turn around and look at the 3 boys walking toward us. When JJ reaches me he picks me up and spins me around, kissing me on my face a couple times.

“I love you so much,” He says.

“Are you high?” I ask.

“Maybe,” He says shrugging. I laugh at him and look at the rest of the group. Kie is staring at me and Sarah.

“Did something happen when we were gone?” Pope asks, looking at Kie.

“No,” Kie says.

“Liar,” I say.

“I am not a liar! Nothing happened!” Kie yells.

“Your girlfriends a whore, Pope,” Sarah says. John B looks at Sarah.

“What is happening?” John B asks.

“I’m so confused,” JJ says.

“I’m leaving. I can’t stand standing here with her,” Sarah says, before turning around and walking away.

“I’m leavin too,” I say. “JJ, where's Shadow?”

“I tied him to a wooden post over there,” JJ says, looking behind him. I look toward the beach and see the small puppy. I walk over to Shadow and untie him. I pick him up and walk back toward JJ.

“Are you coming with me or staying?” I ask, JJ.

“I’ll come with you,” He says. 

The walk to the chateau was a very awkward silence. Neither of us said anything about what just happened, though I could tell JJ was dying to ask what was going on. I walk inside and go to my room, JJ following me. Sarah was on my bed. I sit Shadow on the bed and he instantly lays down and takes a nap.

“You think we should tell him?” I ask Sarah, sitting on the bed.

“I don’t know,” Sarah says. “What she’s doing is very wrong but I don’t know if we should make her tell him or not.”

“Yea, I- just, whatever won’t hurt him as bad would be our best option,” I say.

“Okay, can someone fill me in on what’s going on?” JJ asks. Sarah looks at me and I nod telling her to go ahead and tell JJ.

“Kie is cheating on Pope,” Sarah says.

“Holy shit! Actually? With who?” JJ asks.

“Rafe,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“Dude, she’s gonna break Pope’s little heart,” JJ says.

“I know,” Sarah sighs. “He would do anything for her and she goes and cheats on him with my brother!”

“It’s fucking stupid,” I say.

“I agree,” Sarah says.

“How did you guys find out she was cheating?” JJ asks, grabbing the chair to my vanity and sitting in it.

“She was making out with him by the van,” Sarah says, rolling her eyes.

“You think she would have done it in private, I mean since she was literally cheating,” I say. I hear the front door open and a bunch of bickering between Kie, John B and Pope.

“K, I’m not staying here with her,” I say, standing up. 

“We can go back to my house,” JJ says.

“You guys have fun,” Sarah says, laying on her back. I grab shadow and JJ stands up. We walk out to the living room, Kie and Pope are sitting on the couch hand in hand and John B is in the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and give John B a quick hug.

“We're leaving,” I say.

“Okay,” John B says, taking a drink of his beer.

We walk back out to the living room and to the front door.

“Kie if you don’t tell him by the end of the day, i'm telling him,” I say.

“K,” She says,rolling her eyes.

“Bye Pope, Love you!” I say as we walk outside. JJ and I get in his truck and I put Shadow on my lap.

“He’s such a good dog,” JJ says, reaching over and petting Shadow's head.

“I know,” I say. JJ leans over the center console and places a soft kiss on my forehead.

“I love you,” He says, before starting the truck.

“I love you too,” I say. I look down at Shadow and kiss his tiny head. “I also love you.”

Authors note:
Ahhh omg thank you for 700 reads! I love you guys so much!