Grocery trip

Jungwon had been pacing nervously for about ten minutes before Heeseung finally got up and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Won, stop" said the oldest firmly. "You're making everyone nervous too."
"Yeah, let me be nervous" replied Jungwon, annoyed at Heeseung.
"Look at Sunoo" added the latter in a lower tone. "He's as worried as you, so please try to be more considerate of that."

Jungwon looked on his right and saw what Heeseung meant.
Sunoo was sitting on the floor, his back against the wall, knees up and arms wrapped around them.

"You're right" admitted Jungwon. "Sorry."
"I know you're worried, but Jay is with Niki, I'm sure they're okay" added Heeseung, friendly smiling at him.

Truth was they were all exhausted. It had been about seven months since half of the population had been infected and turned into zombie-like monsters. Enhypen members had managed to successfully run away from the infected by hiding in abandoned places. Two months ago, they had found an old business building and had decided to live there, at least for now. They were tired of changing places every two days.
Each week, two members had to go out to get food and supplies, and this week, it was Jay and Niki's turn.

"Do you think we'll have to change places soon?" asked Sunghoon.
"I think we can wait until there's no food in the grocery store. Then we should move" replied Jake.

Sunoo stayed silent. He looked away. Heeseung noticed and elbowed Jungwon.

"Sunoo" said Jungwon. "What is it?"

Sunoo didn't answer, he just looked up at Jungwon.
"There's something wrong" he said, with a weird tone. "Niki and Jay are in trouble."
"Don't say that" replied Jungwon, rapidly getting nervous again.

Sunoo's sixth sense was usually correct. They all looked at each other in silence.

"When did they leave again?" asked Jake.
"Yesterday morning. They should have been back by now" replied Heeseung.
"I'm going out to look for them" said Jungwon, pretty close to loosing it.
"I'll go with you" said Sunoo.

"Guys, please let's think this through" said Sunghoon. "We shouldn't go out in big groups, we all know it attracts the zombies."
"Are you saying we shouldn't go?" asked Jungwon, on the defensive.
"That's not what I'm saying" he replied. "We should just think this through."
"Well, the rule is that we should always go two by two" said Sunoo, trying to keep his calm. "Jungwon and I go to the grocery store, find Niki and Jay, then we come back, two by two again."

The older members finally approved the plan, but the tension was still there.
Jungwon and Sunoo choose what they wanted to bring with them, which were a baseball bat and a metal bar.
The members wished them good luck and they finally headed out of their shelter.

They had to walk a while until the grocery store, but hopefully they knew a safe path to take. They would go through a sewage tunnel underground. It was one of the only places still unoccupied by the zombies.

Even though they had grown used to it, it still was weird to go underground and walk in the tunnels.

"You haven't said anything in hours Sunoo" finally said Jungwon, as they were getting closer to the end of the sewage tunnel.
"I'm too busy praying for them to be okay" he replied.

Jungwon knew he shouldn't say anything else. Sunoo was too worried and nothing he could say would change it.

"We'll find them" he said anyway.
Sunoo smiled, sadly unconvinced.

They had reached the metallic ladder on the wall. Now the difficult part would begin. They had to climb the ladder, carefully open the manhole cover and check if any zombies were nearby. That first part went smoothly. Jungwon had peeked around and the street was empty. Now they had to get out as fast as possible and run into the grocery store.