Secret Santa part 2 - Jaywon

The members were all in the kitchen, watching Sunghoon setting up his coffee machine.

Jay decided it was time to execute his plan and excused himself to the bathroom.
As soon as they had picked the names for the secret santa, Jay had lived in frustration. He was happy to have picked up Niki's name, but he just wished he had picked Jungwon's instead.

After a few days of pouting, he had decided to break the dorm presents rule and give one to Jungwon as well. Since that decision, his month of December had been better. He had thought of a way to do it discreetly and couldn't be more excited.

He got inside his room, picked up a wrapped up box and a blue envelope. Before leaving his bedroom, Jay checked the hallway. As it seemed empty, he got out and quickly ran to Jungwon's bedroom.
He joined the other members one minute later, just in time to witness the coffee machine make its first coffee.

~

Jungwon was finally laying in bed. He had had such a good Christmas with the members!
This year they had shared not only a delicious home cooked meal, but also had exchanged gifts. Jungwon was pretty proud of his gift for Sunoo, and the latter seemed to have loved it as well, so that was the good part.

However, he couldn't help but feel sad not to have picked Jay. Since they were always extremely busy during December, they had decided years ago only to buy one gift for the members, as secret santa. Which meant Jungwon shouldn't have bought a gift for Jay.

Which he obviously had.

His plan was waiting for everyone to be asleep, go wake Jay up and give him his present. He thought he would need to wait a long time for that, but the members turned out to be so exhausted that the dorm was silent after only thirty minutes.

Jungwon carefully got out of his bed, took a little box with him and walked to Jay's bedroom.
He didn't knock to be discreet, but it felt bad not doing so. After carefully walking past Jake's and Heeseung's bed, Jungwon got closer to Jay's.

"Jungwon? Is that you?" whispered Jay, confused. 
"You're awake?" asked Jungwon, whispering as well.
"Couldn't sleep" said Jay, wondering if he should say why.
"Could we talk outside?" asked Jungwon.

Jay didn't answer, he just got up and followed Jungwon in the hallway.

"Is everything okay?" asked Jay, when they were finally in the living room.

It was unusual for Jungwon to come see him in the middle of the night like that.

Is it because of my present?

Jay was getting really worried, especially because Jungwon didn't seem to answer.

"No, everything is not okay" he finally said, troubling the living room silence.
"Tell me what's bothering you" immediately replied Jay, putting his hand on Jungwon's shoulder.

"Well, we've been through four Christmas as Enhypen and I still haven't picked your name. I still haven't given you gifts" explained Jungwon. "I hate that."

Jay looked surprised, but he let Jungwon go on.

"So this year I decided to be your secret secret santa" said Jungwon.

"Go check under your pillow" replied Jay, smiling.
"But" said Jungwon, confused.
"Trust me" answered Jay. "Go check it and come back here. I'll wait for you."

Jungwon put his present on the coffee table and headed out of the living room, still not understanding.
He entered his bedroom quietly, not to wake Sunghoon up. Jungwon lit the flashlight on his phone and looked under his pillow.

There was a little blue envelope .

How didn't I notice it before?

He picked it up and opened it, revealing a note.

"Under the bed"

Jungwon kneeled and looked under his bed, only to find a big box under it. A big box with a big blue ribbon on it.

He got me a present too...

Jungwon didn't wait any longer. He ran outside his room with his gift.

"You got me something too?" he asked, stepping in the living room.
"Of course I did. I couldn't stand not having picked up your name either" explained Jay.

They sat in front of each other, their presents by their side.

"Open yours first" suggested Jay, smiling.

He couldn't wait to see Jungwon's reaction. The latter nodded, taking the ribbon out and tearing the wrapping paper. His present was inside a big box. Jungwon lifted the cover and gasped.

"Is this real?" he asked, feeling overwhelmed.
"It is" replied Jay, gently smiling as he watched Jungwon take out his old backpack out of the box.

"But I had thrown it away" slowly whispered Jungwon.
"I know..." said Jay. "But you love this backpack so much that I rescued it and asked someone to fix it. It's a bit different, but you can continue using it now!"
"This is literally the most thoughtful gift I've ever received" said Jungwon, still admiring his old backpack. "I've had it since-"
"Since fifth grade" finished Jay.

Jungwon carefully placed the backpack in its box and literally jump-hugged Jay, projecting them on the floor.

"Merry Christmas" whispered Jay.

They stayed like that a few minutes, Jay enjoying having saved Jungwon's favorite object and Jungwon still not believing someone cared so much about him.

"Want to open yours?" finally asked Jungwon.
"I do" said Jay, slowly sitting up.

Jungwon grabbed his present and gave it to Jay, impatient to see how he would react.

Jay cautiously took the package and unwrapped it. It was little plaque made of glass, with a picture of them on it. There also was a QR code engraved under the picture.

"Take your phone, take your phone" said Jungwon, getting excited.

Jay did as told and scanned the code, which lead him to a  private video on youtube. Jay slightly frowned before pressing play.
Jungwon appeared on the screen, his cute smile on. Two seconds later, screen Jungwon started to sing a familiar song.
"Did you cover this for me?" asked Jay, his eyes locked on the screen.
"Listen" said Jungwon.

Jay couldn't believe it. Jungwon had covered Just a Little Bit, just him, his voice and the melody.
It was as if the lyrics were meant for Jay. As if he was confessing through their song.

A lonely tear slowly fell down Jay's cheek as he realized what this could mean.

He looked up at Jungwon, who seemed as overwhelmed as him.

"I thought I needed just a little bit of you for a long time Jay. But I came to realize I might need more" gently said Jungwon, blushing.
"What do you mean?" asked Jay, not believing what was happening.
"I mean I didn't know nor understand what I wanted for a long time. But I tried reflecting on my life more these days and I want to be with you Jay" replied Jungwon, taking Jay's hand in his.
"You don't know how long I've waited to hear those words" said Jay, his heart beating faster. "Are you sure?"
"I've never been so sure" replied Jungwon, leaning in to kiss Jay.