Valentine's Special - Heejake

Jake was sitting down. He could feel the softness of the blanket bellow him. He leaned back, yet unaware that his hands were reaching out of the blanket.

Finally his hands hit the sand, and he smiled.

Heeseung had forbidden him from helping setting up the pic nic, and he didn't want to make him uncomfortable. So he sat there, on the blanket Heeseung had brought, on the beach he had chosen for their meal.

It was the end of the afternoon and the sun had shone all day. The sand under Jake's palms felt warm and comfortable. He also had a song stuck in his head, unable to remember what it was. He could only hear the rhythm of the "nanana" part of the song, before some rap.

Jake casually glanced at Heeseung, who was taking food containers out of his bag. There was enough food to feed all the members, yet it was just the two of them tonight. Lastly, Heeseung took out of his bag a camping pot set. He poured water in the pot and let it boil.

Jake thought everything was ready and that Heeseung would now sit with him, but he was wrong. Heeseung had one last thing in his bag. It was a set of candles.

He delicately put them in their little protective glasses and lit them. He chose a safe place to set them and finally he was done.

Heeseung smiled at Jake and sat next to him.

"Look" simply said Jake, pointing at the horizon.

Heeseung didn't want to. He wanted to admire Jake and Jake only. However, he couldn't ignore what Jake had said, so he looked.

The sun was starting to set, spreading amazing dashes of pink and orange in the blue sky. Luckily, the sky had only a few clouds, just enough yo add beauty and not too much so that the sun wasn't hidden away.

"What a beautiful view" commented Heeseung. "You know what song it reminds me? The one from Stray Kids, you know?"

Jake frowned, trying to guess which one Heeseung was talking about.

"I like the view right now" sang Heeseung, planting his eyes into Jake's.

The sweet a capella melody his Jake in his heart as much as his brain. Firstly, his heart couldn't handle how beautiful Heeseung's voice was. It couldn't handle the fact they he just sang for him only either. Secondly, an electronic shock passed through his brain, as Heeseung had put lyrics in the song that was stuck in his own head previously.

"I do-" started Jake, ready to confess his feelings to Heeseung.
"Oh" shouted Heeseung, jumping on his knees.

He had interrupted Jake because the water was boiling now, and he needed to prepare their favorite meal.

"I brought your favorite ramyeon" explained Heeseung proudly.
"Thank you, Hee" replied Jake, coming closer to him as well. "Let me help."

Jake took the package of noodles and opened it. He poured the seasoning and the noodles inside the pot, looking forward to eating it in a few minutes.

One of the thousand good things about ramyeon is that it's quickly cooked. One of the bad things is that it is quickly cooked.

Jake wanted to talk to Heeseung, however he didn't want to be interrupted by noodles again. So he waited.

Hopefully his frustration didn't last long. Soon enough they started eating, sharing the ramyeon and the side dishes Heeseung had brought. They talked about their day, about the upcoming mini album and about the members as well.

The sun had set, yet the colors of the sky were still bright when they were done eating. They both laid back, enjoying the moment.

Heeseung turned his head and saw that Jake was already looking at him. He had this beautiful sparkle in his eyes that only seemed to appear when they looked at each other. At least, that was Heeseung's hope.

Heeseung blessed the universe for having sent the most amazing person in his life. Jake was caring, gentle, smart, funny and evidently handsome. His eyes always laughed along his crazy gorgeous lips.

"You know" started Heeseung. "I've been wanting to tell you"
"I know" replied Jake, unable to wait any longer.
"How?" asked Heeseung, in shock.

"Well, you did invite me for a pic nic on the beach at sunset of Valentine's day, so... no need to overthink to understand" explained Jake.
"Oh" commented Heeseung, worried.

"Also, I know because I wanted to tell you the same for a long time as well" added Jake. "Thank you for choosing the perfect place and time to tell you."
"You're my perfect place and time" said Heeseung, before rolling over and kissing Jake for the very first time.