Gum - Jaywon

Thank you all for the requests, here goes one of them

"Could you give me one, please?"

"Again Jay?" asked Jungwon in a whisper, half amused, half upset.
"Sorry" replied Jay.

However his begging eyes didn't seem sorry. Jungwon finally gave him, passing him a piece of gum.

Jay smiled and thanked him.

Truth was they weren't allowed to chew gum in class, but it didn't matter to them, it was just gum after all. Nevertheless, that meant they had to be cautious not to get caught.

Their teacher was pretty strict, but they always managed to get away with it. It was their little secret.

~

Jungwon woke up quite shaken.

Jay...

He got up, stretching his sore arms. One cup of coffee later, he felt more awake. However, it felt like no amount of coffee could erase the beautiful smile Jay had in his dream.

I wonder how many years have passed since we last saw each other.

Jungwon chuckled. They had spent years sitting next to each other in class. Every day they talked, pranked each other and laughed quite a lot. Unfortunately, one day all of that stopped.

Jay had to move away to the US, because of his father's job, or something like that.

Jungwon had tried erasing that episode from his brain countless times. Not only did he feel like he had been abandoned, but he also had no one to smile with anymore.

No one to share gum with every day either.

Jungwon smiled, remembering how he had brought gum to class one time, and after Jay had asked him one piece of it, he always had made sure to have gum, so that Jay would talk to him.

He couldn't buy some for himself! Every single day he asked one of mine.
Weird how gum started our friendship...

Well... friendship might not be the right word.

Jungwon felt his cheeks getting a little blush. It had been a while since he experienced that.

As soon as he was about to elaborate his thought, maybe to dream a bit more about Jay, his phone rang up.

"Hey Sunoo!" said Jungwon, ready for his ears to bleed.
"Wonie, you're up right! This is THE DAY" replied Sunoo, shouting the last part.
"I know! I'm excited!" answered Jungwon.
"I have a surprise for you by the way" added Sunoo, his voice trembling with excitement.
"Wait, isn't the groom supposed to get a gift?" replied Jungwon, amused.

"Well, sometimes best men receive gifts too" replied Sunoo. "But I also want my gift."
"As you should" replied Jungwon, feeling Sunoo's smiled through the phone.

"See you soon then?" asked Sunoo.
"Of course" replied the best man.

Can't believe the Sunshine's getting married today.

~

The wedding ceremony was beautiful. The couple had chosen to hold it in an amazing garden. Chairs had been arranged in two columns, with a wooden arch at the end, the whole surrounded by plants.

Jungwon had spent his day with Sunoo, getting him ready for his big day. However, time seemed to have accelerated, because in a blink of an eye, Jungwon felt his eyes filling with tears as Sunoo and Niki kissed for the first time as husbands.

The happy couple walked back the aisle, cheered by their families and friends. Soon, the two best men followed them, along with the crowd.

The reception was insane. Maybe because the sun was almost set, which gave the garden beautiful orange and reddish tones, maybe because Sunoo had ordered so much food that everyone could eat for three days straight from it, no one knew.

Jungwon wanted to spent time with Sunoo and Niki, however the couple was very busy. Between greeting and talking a little with all the guests, eating and randomly kissing when the crowd asked them to, Jungwon didn't see them much.

That sucked.

Jungwon wasn't at ease in crowds. Especially when he didn't know anybody.

He sighed, feeling a bit of stress rising in him.
He mechanically searched for something in his jacket's pocket. His source of comfort.

Soon enough he had found the small package he wanted. As soon as his hand was out of his pocket, he felt a shiver running down his spine.

"Could you give me one, please?"

Jungwon opened his eyes widely, turning back. He instantly recognized the face in front of him and let go of the package of gum.

Jay bent down to pick it up.

"I guess the surprise worked" he said softly, opening the package of gum and slipping two fingers in it.

"Jay, aren't you in the US?" asked Jungwon, still in shock. "Wait, surprise?"

He had a quick flashback of Sunoo telling him he had a surprise for him.

"Of course" replied Jay, delicately putting a piece of gum in Jungwon's mouth, a side smile on his lips. "I'm the surprise."