Fangs Pt3 - Sunsun

"Wa-wait" he said, in panic.

"Am-am I a Vam-Vampire?" asked Sunghoon in a trembling voice.

Sunoo waited a little to answer, he knew it was quite a shock for the newly turned vampire.

"Yes" he simply said.

Sunghoon froze there for quite a long time. Sunoo let him process the news, after all his whole life had just changed, and he deserved to acknowledge and understand it.

Finally, his head moved a little and eventually Sunghoon's eyes dove into Sunoo's. The latter didn't really know what to expect. He had built up this moment in his head for so long.

All these decades of loneliness would finally end. He didn't understand why exactly, but the way Sunghoon's scent had attracted him was a clear sign. At first, he had thought that the attraction was purely about hunger. However, as soon as his eyes had landed on Sunghoon, he had known.

They were meant to be together.

That didn't mean Sunoo was taking things for granted. He knew it would take time and that he would have to woo Sunghoon. In fact he had already thought about possible dates, conversation starters and so on.
Once Sunghoon would be done freaking out, Sunoo was confident their story could start.

A slight smirk on Sunghoon's lips caught Sunoo's attention. The newborn vampire was about to speak.

Sunoo felt his whole being getting excited. He hadn't talked to another vampire in so long... especially not one as beautiful.

"Sunoo, I.." started Sunghoon.

Now, if Sunoo had a beating heart, it would probably have skipped a beat.

"I hate you" said Sunghoon.

The sentence struck Sunoo like lightning. The latter wasn't expecting that at all.
He stood there in shock, unable to move a muscle as he saw Sunghoon escaping the church.

He knew Sunghoon could have woken up upset, that he had prepared himself for.. but this?
Not only had he said "I hate you", which had hurt Sunoo deeper than he knew, but mostly his eyes had conveyed the clearest message they could have.
It was the dead cold serious stare of someone filled with hatred.

So Sunoo had let him go.

~

Sunghoon had been running for so long, he didn't even remember how many months -or years?- had passed since he had been reborn.

Disgusted by the horrible creature he had become, Sunghoon had tried many things to stop existing, testing everything he could think of. However, his body had changed into something extremely resistant and unbreakable.

The worst had been not allowing himself to "eat". At some point, he began to go insane and before he knew it, he had drunk and killed ten people. From there on, the vampire only fed the least he could, just enough not to become crazy again.

He even had managed to control himself and not to kill his last victim. He had only drank from her.

Progress, right?