Ch.29 The end...

...does not feel like reality.
Have fun :)
11/28/23

"Tommy, Tom, It'll be okay! The others are on their way, they'll be here soon. Just hang on, please," Deo pleaded, his voice raised with desperation clinging to his every word.

He paid no mind to the sounds of swords clashing behind him. Only focusing on his friend in front of him, hanging off the cliff. His knuckles were white from where his hand clenched tightly around Tommy's wrist.

"I'm sorry Deo..." Tommy's voice was low, barely heard over the colliding metal. His words slurred and his voice sounded strained, his eyes were dull and flooded with guilt. Face covered in blood and dirt.

"No! No. It'll be alright, just keep your eyes open, hold on!" Tears pooled in his eyes, running streaks down his dirt caked face. He refused to so much as blink as any vision of Tommy in front of him could be his last.

Why is it that the one time they're on a hardcore server everything had to go wrong?

Everything was going fine- great even!

They went on a hardcore RL craft server to get away for a bit. They didn't want to get too rusty and wanted to sharpen their skills a bit. Techno claimed he, "didn't want to hang out with a bunch of children," as if he wasn't simultaneously joking around with Shroud and Micheal a smile set on his face. Tubbo had gotten sick from messing around with poison so he stayed back with the kids as well.

Bitzel and Luke looked as if they were planning some sort of prank on the rest of them, dragging Eryn and Wisp along as well. That left Deo, Tommy, Ranboo and Boffy.

They didn't think too hard about the risks. They didn't think about the fact that the gods couldn't reach them in hardcore. Not in life.

They should have.

They should have known that their peace was not certain to have lasted forever. It never has before, so why would it now? This outcome was unavoidable, they let their guard down, moved recklessly.

It was gone to moment someone breached the firewalls and made their way into the server. It was destroyed by a man wearing lime-fucking-green of all colors. It was gone the moment Ranboo was no longer themself. It was gone the moment Tommy's feathers were clipped. A flightless bird.

Tommy's eyes fluttered shut.

"Tommy! Tommy no, keep your eyes open! Open your fucking eyes!" Deo's pleads were futile, falling deaf to anyone who could listen. Blood rushed ears and his heart pounded almost loudly his chest.

And a moment later, Tommy fell limp.

Deo felt the entire weight of Tommy's body as he desperately tried to hold on.

"Please, I can't loose you," He whispered, but he knew Tommy was already gone, his grip wavering.

Tommy slipped from Deo's bleeding hand and it felt as if the world had slowed.

Deo would never know if he had screamed or if it was all just in his head.

In the end, Deo wasn't strong enough.

The words Tommy whispered when his eyes fell shut would haunt Deo for eternity.

A simple, "thank you" left his tongue, just heard over the wind. It meant everything.

Theseus' story has been altered, maybe multiple times.

But one thing is for certain.

Tommy is Theseus and that could not be changed. Tommy is Icarus and he didn't fly too close to the sun, he touched it. Tommy was the sun, and he burned brightly. Painfully.

In the end, Theseus fell.

Icarus fell.

Tommy fell...

Lady Death felt her world shift.

The Blood God felt his shatter.

It was never meant to be...

T.B.C. ..?