59

(a/n: Normal/English ; Se Rin/Chan/SKZ)

It's been months since the big reveal and everything was great at home. Our fans were happy for us. Everything's been busy though. The guys had their comeback weeks ago and everything is still pretty hectic. All the renovations for our new apartment were finished and we've already moved most of the baby things and the studio equipment there. Chan's been very busy and has only been coming home once a week. We've been too busy to do most things together. To be honest, it's been so hard for me. I'm always exhausted and in pain because of the pregnancy. The twins and moving and working from home have been adding to the stress too. But I don't tell Chan any of that because I don't want to add to his stress.

His birthday was a few days away and I was making sure that everything was ready. I have been keeping the kids away from him since I was scared that they'd blurt out the surprise. I was keeping my distance from him too because I was too excited. I did tell Min Ho and Seung Min about the surprise because I needed accomplices. They thankfully agreed to help me as much as they can.

Chan's POV

Busy and Hectic. That's how everything's been these day. I'm always so busy with making music and practicing and promoting with the guys. I barely had any time for my family and myself. I was very thankful to Se Rin because she's been very supportive to me and the guys. She would send us food when we're too busy and would help us in many simple ways. I am so lucky to have her. But I feel so bad. I feel guilty for not being there for her all the time. I knew that she was busy with work. But since she's heavily pregnant, everything must be much harder than it usually is.

Although I we were both extremely busy, we do try to spend as much time together with the twins. And I know that our babies are very healthy. We're happy. But these days, I'm not really sure. She's been distant for days now. She'd only text me but never answer when I call. She would still help me and the guys out but she's been avoiding me and I don't know why. She won't even let me talk to the twins as much as before. I could feel it in my guts that she's hiding something from me. But I kept brushing the issue off since I was too busy and there's been a lot of things going on.

I was working in the studio with Chang Bin and Ji Sung when our manager came in. We were all puzzled at his sudden arrival. But he smiled at me and reminded me that it's my birthday tomorrow. I was confused at the sudden reminder so I just nodded and clarified if he was reminding me because I have to go live for it. He shook his head and told me that I can go home early and spend today and tomorrow with my family. I was honestly surprised. But I was too excited at the thought of finally having the love of my life in my arms with our babies with us. I thanked him as he left our studio.

"Hyung, why don't you go home now so you can have dinner with nuna and the kids?" suggested Chang Bin.

"As much as I'd love that, let's finish our work first and then I can go home."

"Are you sure hyung? You've been really down because you, nuna and the kids barely see each other these days. You should really go home." said Ji Sung.

"It's fine. It's just for a few more hours. I just want to finish this now so I won't even have to think about it when I go home."

"Okay." they both sighed in resignation.

"Thanks for the concern though. Now, let's finish this so we can go home!" I said with a newfound motivation to finish my work.

 It was already a little past 11 when we finished up. After saving our tracks, I immediately gathered my things and headed home first. I was so excited to see my family! I decided to surprise her with my arrival. I was jittery all the way home. I was even humming happily to myself as I headed to our place. I took a deep breath before punching the code at the door. I was expecting to be welcomed by the faint humming of the AC. But I was met with complete darkness. This made me confused.