one. midtown school of science and technology

STEP ONE: GO TO A SCHOOL - OBVIOUSLY

STEP ONE: GO TO A SCHOOL - OBVIOUSLY. PREFERABLY A PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL; YOU CAN'T RELY ON YOUR POWERS TO BE SMART.

Underneath the fluorescent light, you could see how his eyes glow with a faint milky hue, and so does Nina's. Those usual dark brown eyes burn with a bright white - a color that looks extremely unnatural: both in the way she possesses it and in the way that prestigious science school's principal reflects her gaze.

"I got into this school with no tests needed. I'll be starting as soon as possible as a Sophmore." her tone has a sense of finality in it, and Nina's voice is cold and strong, leaving no room for anything else. No objections, no second thoughts, nothing.

Illiana, who stood by a trophy, tapped Nina's shoulders momentarily. "Tell him to put you in the Academic Decathlon."

Her eyes glow brighter, Nina not losing focus even for a split second. "And you'll put me in the Academic Decathlon."

The girl ceases her concentration, plastering the same picture-perfect smile as both her eyes and his melt back to their original colors: a warm brown and bright black. She pretends to nervously fiddle with her necklace knowing damn well that her spot was guaranteed - but Morita, the principal, didn't know that.

"Your paperwork is very impressive, Nina." he smiles dumbly, under the spell the fifteen-year-old girl put him on. "Ms. Viotto, we would be very privileged to have your daughter study in this school - I'm very impressed. I want her to start here as soon as possible."

Illiana Viotto softly turns her head to the left and shoots her daughter an all-knowing wink, before directing her attention back to the principal.

Nina Pheme Viotto on paper was an international prodigy of math and science - has been competing since she was a child. A child prodigy who skipped a grade, straight A's since she was an infant: of course Principal Morita would want her in the school. No tests are needed.

She was also molded in car magazines in Japan. Nina added that just for fun.

"Well, people do tell me that my daughter has a big brain," Illiana pats her daughter's head lovingly - something Nina couldn't help but appreciate despite knowing that the action was fake - as her mother continues, "We've got a bunch of workers working on the penthouse and I don't want my daughter being disturbed by them. Can she start tomorrow?"

"That sounds amazing," the principal states, his eyes slightly glowing once again, which meant that he was still under the influence of Nina.

Just as he hands the paperwork back in robotic movements, a girl walks into the office, setting down a bunch of papers on Morita's desk. The pair talk for a minute, discussing something about Homecoming, until his eyes light up in realization and excitement, glancing back at Nina. "Oh, Nina! This is Elizabeth Toomes, one of my best students."