four. the trial of peter parker

PETER PARKER HAS FACED VILLAINS

PETER PARKER HAS FACED VILLAINS. He's faced blood thirsty aliens and a giant purple grape who had stones that could potentially kill him, yet, none of those moments could compare to this - to what he was about to do.

Facing Nina's father.

His feet are glued to the ground, first raised mid air as he inwardly debates the options in his head: the left side and the right side of his brain engaging in a very difficult game of tug-of-war. There was no doubt that Nina wouldn't like this, not one little bit, but her father physically took a hold of his mind in the middle of his walk back home after patrol and terrified him with two simple words: Come. Here.

Maybe it was the accent. Or the striking resemblance to Nina's sharp eyes, but for some reason, he finds himself in front of the door, stuck in a dilemma of should he go in or run away.

He shuffles his feet, leaning agains the door to give his brain a short break. If Nina was there, which she probably wasn't since she'd texted him a few hours ago - she'd hate him for talking to her father. But on the other hand, Mr. Valkin was a very scary man and Nina had mentioned once in a conversation that he could mind control anyone to do anything, which made him recall the first words he'd spoken about him.

"Nina, you have seventeen seconds to explain what I'm seeing before this boy jumps off your fire exit and dies a very brutal death."

Peter shudders at the thought. He's not a man who's easily shaken, but today his nerves are going haywire as he simply tries to knock at the door.

Suddenly, an intruding voice crosses his mind. Come inside. A pause. Your thoughts are very loud, Peter Parker. I won't make you jump off a window.

With that, the door opens, revealing an amused-looking Druig, sharp eyes eyeing him down, judging him.

Now he knew where Nina got her ability to judge every single person who passes her by the hallways.

"Mr. Valkin. It's a pleasure to meet you sir. I'm Peter." Peter said as he offered a hand to shake. "I'm really sorry about this morning. It was really innaproopitate. Please don't let that taint your image of me."

Druig raised a brow for him to continue, wanting to see where this shitshow would lead to.

Peter thew his hands behind his back the moment that he realizes Druig isn't going to shake it back. "I'm a gentleman, sir. My Aunt raised me to be an honorable man," he doesn't know why he's taking like a man from the 19th century, but the memory of Nina telling him that her father has been alive for centuries clouds his mind. "I am really, truly, sorry."

"A gentleman?" Druig mocks, still eyeing him. It was starting to make Peter self conscious. "You had your tongue shoved down my daughter's throat, Peter Parker. I wouldn't consider that a gentleman's behavior."