Fake (3/3)-let it all out

------Skip to lunch time------

It was finally lunch time. Mina, Denki, Sero, Jiro and Kirishima all walked up to my table. Kirishima then said, "Hey, Freya. You wanna sit with us again for lunch?" I looked up at him, he was smiling down at me, waiting for an answer. ".....I would love to, but I'm not in the mood or hungry. Also Mr. Aizawa wanted to speak to me." I replied, after thinking on what to tell them politely to leave me. They looked genuinely upset but they went anyways. Once everyone left for lunch, I stood up and went to my neighbour's table and placed the note that was for him on it and then walked to Uncle Zawa's desk. "Hey kiddo, I know it's hard to still believe that he's no longer here...... but please don't be all sad. It's making the whole class, even me, all sad and miserable." Aizawa said. Tears started to roll down my face. Uncle Zawa couldn't handle seeing me cry since he came beside me and gave me a long side hug, until I calmed down. We stayed like that for a bit longer before he said to go eat. I went back to my bag and grabbed my lunch and went back to the front, sitting in front of Uncle Zawa.

------Skip to after school------
It was home time, finally. I was walking put of school, with my head low, when someone's oh so familiar shouting voice said, "OI. Wait up." I stopped in my tracks and waited for him to catch up to me, and also give myself some time to put on a fake happy front.
"What's up with you, mood swing?" Mood swing? "Mood swing?" I asked, confused. He then scoffed and explained, "it's what you fucking are today. One minute your happy and the next you turn to a bloody miserable girl." Makes sense. I looked up at him and said, kinda in a teasing tone, "are you worried about me or something?" He stopped walking and faced me, giving me a hard and cold stare before saying, "WHAT NO." I giggled. A real giggle for the first time today.

The walk home was quiet, until I decided to say something. "So why did you wanna walk with me today?" He took a while to answer. "Is there a problem if I wanted to walk with you? 'Cause your surely making it look like it is." "No. I was just curious." I replied, looking at the ground.

Once we made it home, we went into our homes. I went straight to my mum's room and saw her putting her now folded clothes away so I gave her a hug. She was startled at first. But the she hugged me back. Tears started to roll down my cheeks again. "Hey. What's up sweets? Why are you crying?" Mum asked, concern and worry lacing through her voice. "I-it hurts. My heart hurts. I want him to come back. I can't." I cried out.

Mum's POV
I couldn't bear watching my daughter cry again, and tried to comfort her as much as I can. I held her close to me until she slowly started to calm down. "Hey, why don't you go and freshen up then we can sit down and watch something. How does that sound?" I whispered to her. She nodded in return and slowly walked to her room. I headed downstairs and chose a TV show to watch. I then waited for Freya to come down.

After another 2 minutes, Freya came down the stairs and sat close to me and we cuddled up again. I played the anime that was paused on the TV and watched together.

After about 40 minutes or so, I felt Freya's breathing slow down, so I looked at her to see that she fell asleep.

Published: 23/12/21