Chapter 21

Joshua just kept staring at me as he arranged for a visit to Altaria.

"What," I demanded when his staring began to get extremely creepy.

I should have never followed him to his office. That was a terrible idea.

"Nothing," He looked back down at his phone.

"Obviously, it isn't nothing." I rolled my eyes. "It's obviously something."

He didn't say anything, but the grin on his face said otherwise.

I groaned. "Can you just spit it out already, Joshua?!"

"Alright, alright." he just grinned even more. "You just convinced father to let you leave the Manors walls, let alone the country."

"So," I prompted irritably.

"That can only mean that you're standing up to him."

"Or he thinks that I could possibly have a romantic relationship with the Crown Prince of Altaria." And I didn't know why he would think that-- if he thought that at all, but it's obvious that he did.

You could see it on his face.

"Hey," Joshua was in front of me then, pinching my nose.

"Ow! Why'd you do that for?!" I demanded as I gently rubbed my nose.

"You weren't listening to me," He said simply. "In fact, you went to la la land when I was trying to talk to you."

"It's called thinking, not la la land..."

"Whatever," He crossed his arms over his chest. "Anyway, as I was saying, I don't think father would think that you and Roberto could be dating."

"Did you not see the way he looked at me when I said that I wanted to see Roberto?"

Joshua scratched the back of his head.

"Honestly, not really." He admitted. "I was a little preoccupied by paying attention to my little sister, who finally stood up to our father."

"Yeah, well, maybe you should have paid attention to our father. I mean, why do you think he even allowed me to go with you to Altaria-- and it isn't because I practically begged him to go."

"Okay, so what if he thinks that you and Roberto are dating? What are you going to do?"

I laid down on the couch as I looked up at the ceiling.

"No idea," I sighed.

I don't even know if I truly have feelings for Roberto. However, I do know one thing. I do have at least some feeling for him.

Why did love have to be so complicated?

And why did I have to be so oblivious to this kind of thing?