Chapter 25

I stayed by my brother most of the time during the party.

There were times where I found myself sneaking a couple of glasses of champagne.

My brother wasn't too keen on me drinking, especially when I was still drinking underaged.

However, at parties like these, it just didn't matter. Almost everyone my age was drinking anyway.

Sad to say, but that was the truth.

"You should pace yourself," My brother said in a mocking tone as he watched me down my fifth drink.

By this point, I had moved on from champagne to wine.

Too bad there wasn't any hard liquor being served, I thought.

I shrugged as I looked down at my drink.

"It's not like I'm light weight," I mumbled as I set my empty glass on a waiters silver plate tray.

"Still," He took a sip of his champagne as he studied me. "You don't want to have a hangover tomorrow, now would you?"

I sighed.

Like it matters, was what I wanted to say, but I didn't say anything.

Joshua was just being caring, if not overprotective, but that couldn't be helped.

I was about to go to one of the balcony's for fresh air, when Roberto gently tapped me on the shoulder.

Roberto gracefully bowed once I had turned around.

"May I have the next dance with you?" He said as he held out his hand to me, like the true "gentlemen" he was.

I giggled as I rolled my eyes, but I didn't reject his offer.

"Sure," I put my hand in his and let him lead us to the dance floor.

Of course this stirred up the guests, but I didn't care.

There was a coherent part of me that wanted to dance with Roberto. It had been quite a while since I had danced with him.

"You've improved," He murmured into my ear as we danced.

"That's because I had you as a dancing partner during my dance lessons," I blurted out.

Roberto stayed silent for a while as he twirled me out into a spin.

"That's not true," He finally said as he looked into my eyes. "You always were a good dancer. All you were was just rusty before your dance lessons."

"Oh please," I scoffed. "Now you're just being modest, which doesn't sound like you at all-- if I might add."

He chuckled half-heartedly.

"Even so," His brown eyes pierced into mine. "You were still a good dancer, you still are."

I pursed my lips together as my cheeks burned.

Roberto was right, but I didn't want him to be. I was always a dancer. Up until five years ago I loved to dance, especially ballet.

Ballet was one of my hobbies back then. Once I ran away, I didn't dare to dance again. I guess you could say I had lost interest once I left the Manor.

Once I left my old life.

However, here I was, back in my old life-- dancing with Roberto at a Ball.

When Roberto ended the dance. I immediately escaped to one of the balcony's. The dance had made me just a little dizzy.

"Okay, so maybe attending Lord Nobel Michel's Ball wasn't such a bad idea," I whispered to myself as I looked up at the starry night sky.

There were times where I would just sit and wonder where I would be right now.

Would I have been in Altaria if I hadn't seen Roberto that night?

Probably.

Maybe not.

Who really knows for sure.

Would I be in a night club right now? Drinking until I couldn't see straight? Dancing with some random guy?

Obviously, anything could have happened.

I stayed like that for a while, just looking up at the stars-- thinking.

"You're going to catch your death if you stay out here all night," Roberto murmured into my ear as he wrapped his red suit jacket around me.

"Isn't there some kind of rule that you're breaking right now by giving me your suit jacket?" I didn't dare give it back to him though.

"Would you rather have had me let you shiver to death?" He countered.

"I was shivering?"

Roberto nodded as he stuffed his hands into his white jeans pockets.

"You were, yes."

"Huh," I breathed in his scent from his jacket. "I hadn't noticed."

"That's because you were mesmerized by the night skys beauty." He murmured as he looked up at the stars as well. "I can see why you were, the stars are beautiful tonight."

"Mm," I muttered in agreement. "That they are."

Roberto and I stayed like that for a while, looking up at the stars.

Author's Note:

Okay, I hoped you like this chapter. I feel like it's one of those filler chapters but, eh. A chapter is a chapter, right? Lol

See you in the next chapter, my lovelies!