Chapter 2

The next day, I had brunch in a café near my motel with a pounding headache.

"Ugh," I rubbed my temples and forced myself to drink the tea and croissant that I had ordered for, in hopes to get some liquid and food in my stomach.

When the waitress came back. I asked for water.

She nodded. Before she left, she said, "Is your hair dyed to that color of violet?"

I stiffened.

"No this is my natural hair color," I held a strand of my hair in between my fingers and examined it, it was a dark violet. Just like my older brothers, Joshua Lieben. I guess you could say that this was some kind of Lieben trait. We did get our hair coloring from our mother.

The waitress's eyes widened with both shock and surprise.

"Really? That's kind of hard to believe."

I shrugged. "Can I get that glass of water, please?" I said in almost a dismissive tone.

"Oh, yes! I'll be right back with that." Then, finally, she left to get me a glass of water.

Huh, I thought as I looked at my dark violet hair again. Maybe I should have dyed it when I had the chance...

"Yeah," I muttered under my breath with a half-hearted chuckle. "Like I could ever be brave enough to do such a thing as that."

The waitress was back a few minutes after with my glass of water.

I nodded my thanks and slowly drank the glass of water.

"Anything else?" She asked as she lingered.

"No, thank you, that's all." I said as I watched her cautiously.

Was she comparing my hair color to my brother's, the Crown Prince of Dres Van?

I wished I hadn't thought that.

"You know," She tapped a finger against her chin thoughtfully, "you kind of look like Prince Joshua of Dres Van, Miss." Her eyes widened when she looked at my eye color just a little more closely, they were a light violet color. Just like my brother's as well. "Even your eye color looks exactly like his-- are you a fan of his?" She added.

"No, I am not," I sighed and took out a couple of bucks from my purse, "but I do get that a lot. I think I'm ready for the check now." I put the money on the table.

She nodded as she kept her mouth shut this time. My tone must have sounded sharp, another trait that my brother and I shared. Except, we got our sharp, harsh tongue from our father.

After the waitress came back with my change, I left.

Okay, I thought as I wandered around the plaza for a while. Maybe I should just leave now. Obviously, coming here for the summer was a bad idea, terrible even.

"Let's just hope that Roberto hadn't recognized me last night." I whispered to myself as I exited the plaza.

Just when I was exiting the plaza, a tall man in dark sunglasses, whose brown hair looked oddly familiar, bumped right into me.

"Hey!" I yelped when I fell to the ground, on my bum.

"Sorry," The man quickly helped me up. "I didn't see you there."

"Yeah, no kidding." I glared into his dark sun glasses.

The man raised an eyebrow at my tone.

"Do I know you?" He asked as he lifted his sunglasses down, revealing very familiar looking brown eyes.

Seriously?! I bumped into Roberto-- again?!