Chapter 9

Joshua's POV:

Jan entered the office with a tray of tea and snacks, but that wasn't the problem. Katerina wasn't with him.

"I thought I told you to get Katerina." I said as I watched him set the tray down on the coffee table.

He stiffened. "You mean she hasn't come in here?"

"Hasn't come in here," I repeated. "Did you already get her?"

"Yes, I left her outside..." He trailed off and smacked his hand to his forehead. "She escaped."

"What?!" I stood up and slammed my hands on my desk.

Jan bowed deeply. "I apologize, Your Royal Highness. I should have waited until she entered the office before I left her alone."

"No, it's...fine." I slumped back into my chair. "Let's just find her. Check the Manor first before we begin the town."

"Yes, Your Royal Highness." Jan bowed once more before he fished his phone out of his pants pocket, alerting the guards.

Oh, Katerina, what am I going to do with you? I thought as I went back to work.

I tsked. "I made it too easy for her to escape."

Katerina's POV:

Once in town, I made it my mission to find a nice, quaint Café to hide in before my brother and Jan began their search for me-- if they hadn't already begun their search for me in the Manor.

Just when I was about to order, I forgot that I didn't have any money on me.

Well, this is just great, I thought as I sullenly stood up and left the Café.

I aimlessly walked around the town after that, before I ended up in the plaza.

Although that my brother had made it extremely easy for me to escape. He has also made it extremely easy to find me.

"Ugh," I groaned and sat down on a vacant bench. "I hate not having money on me."

Was I really pouting over not having any money on me? Really?

Get yourself together, Katerina, I thought as I shook my head. At least you're getting some fresh air. That's a plus.

Not really.

Hmm, should I just go back to the Manor?

I shook my head.

No! That would mean that Joshua won!

Won in what, exactly? I couldn't exactly find the right answer to that.

I groaned in pure irritation.

"Might as well just go back to the manor." I mumbled as I stood up from the bench.

As I stomped my way out of the plaza, I walked right into a person.

"Sorry," I automatically apologized. "I didn't see you there."

"We have got to stop running into each other like this." The person said, who I know realized was Roberto.

"Roberto," I raised an eyebrow at him as I stared into his brown eyes. "What are you doing here? And why do I keep walking into you?"

He smirked and pointed behind him to a idling town car with the jab of his thumb.

"I came here to bring your bag and suitcase back to you."

My eyes widened at his words.

"You personally came back here to bring my bag and suitcase back to me?"