Chapter 41

We became inseparable after his birthday party, which neither of us minded.

It wasn't until after a few months when we made our relationship public. In the end, Roberto's father— the King of Altaria— had finally approved of our relationship.

My parents were pleased as well.

Roberto and I had tea in the gardens of Villa Altaria. I had been there for about a week now, and today was my last day— before I headed back home to Dres Van.

"So," Roberto took a sip of his cup of tea, "how do you like Altaria in the Spring?"

I raised an eyebrow, not getting his question before I suddenly remembered our second rencounter together.

"Altaria is more lovelier in the spring," I laughed as I looked at the gardens. It was true. Altaria's flowers were amazingly beautiful when they first blossom in the Spring. They made the whole country even more beautiful.

We grew silent as Roberto watched me as I stared at the beauty of the gardens.

An hour later, Alberto came to tell us that it was time for me to go back home.

"I'm going to miss you," I blushed as Roberto escorted me to the awaiting car in front of Villa Altaria.

"I'll miss you too," He said as he put an arm over my shoulders as we walked.

He wasn't afraid to show our affection, which wasn't exactly appropriate for us, but we didn't care.

Roberto opened the car door for me.

"Before you know it, we'll see each other soon," He promised as he gently kissed my lips.

I kissed him back, a gentle kiss.

"I love you," I said as I nestled my head into his chest.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and set his chin on top of my head before he kissed my hair.

"I love you, Katerina."

And with that, I left to go back to Dres Van.

I looked out the window and Roberto didn't leave the entrance of Villa Altaria until the town car left the grounds.

Who knew I'd be back in my old life.

Never had I expected to be back in this world of Royalty.

As who I was, the Princess of Dres Van.

The Princess who had ran away and came back— who had found love with the person who had founded her.

Looking back on that night, when my shoe had gotten stuck in that crack. When Roberto had came out of his limousine to help me.

It seemed like it was suppose to happen.

That Roberto and I were meant to have been reunited together that night.

Author's Note:

Okay, here is a short chapter.