Chapter 44 - The Wedding

It was the day of my wedding ceremony with Roberto, and I was getting ready in a guest room at Nobel Michel's Castle.

For three whole days, I hadn't seen or spoke to him. It was a form of tradition, where the bride doesn't see or speak to the groom for three whole days.

It was a stupid tradition, but it had to be gone through with.

My mother was there as I got ready for the ceremony.

"Are you nervous?" My mother asked as two maids helped me into my wedding dress.

"A little, yes," I admitted as another maid put the veil in my hair and over my face.

"You'll do fine," My mother said once the maids were done getting me ready.

"I sure hope so," I said.

My mother had my bouquet. She gave it to me.

"You'll always be my sweet daughter," She said out of nowhere when my father entered the guest room.

He was a sign that the wedding ceremony was about to begin.

"I love you too, mom." I engulfed her into a hug.

She hugged me quickly, "I don't want to wrinkle your wedding dress. It's too beautiful to be wrinkled."

I rolled my eyes.

My mother was right though. My wedding dress was beautiful. It was very Princess-y and puffy.

It was a Princess Wedding Ball gown. Sleeveless and had a heart shaped neckline. The bodice was embroidered with flowers and the top skirt was tulle which only emphasized the puffiness even more.

The skirt of the train in the back transitioned into an elegant long train.

"Are you ready, Katerina?" My father asked, a hand out for me to take.

"I'm ready," I said and took his hand.

He led us out of the guest room and down to the entrance of the Castle.

As soon as Zain opened the doubled doors, "The Wedding March" began to play.

We walked down the makeshift aisle before we stopped at Roberto and the Wedding Officiant at the grand staircase.

The Crown Princes and my brother were in the front aisle.

My father gave my hand to Roberto.

Roberto was in his Royal garments.

Once my father gave my hand to Roberto.

The Wedding Officiant began to say, "We are gathered here today for the union of Prince Roberto Button and Princess Katerina Lieben..."

Roberto repeated the vows from the Wedding Officiant and put a gold wedding band on top of my engagement ring.

I did the same and put Roberto's wedding band on his left ring finger.

"I now declare you both husband and wife," The Wedding Officiant's voice echoed. "You may now kiss your bride." He added quickly.

Roberto cupped my face in his white gloves hands.

Gently, he kissed me on the lips.

Cameras flashed all around us as we kissed.

Roberto and I walked down the aisle and toward the ball room for the reception.

We were officially married and I was officially a Button.

Princess Katerina Lieben-Button.