Chapter 11

Joshua's POV:

When it was time for Roberto to go back to Altaria, I walked with him to the door.

"See you again, Josh-y," Roberto cooed as he winked at me.

Feeling weirded out by the wink, and annoyed that he still kept that wretched nickname of me, I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." Was all I mumbled out.

"Oh, and Josh-y?"

I groaned, "What?"

"Don't be too hard on Katerina." He gave me a serious look. "Seriously," He added when I was about to argue with him.

"Fine," I said after a while.

His seriousness dissolved back into his playful state. Then, he and Alberto left.

Although, I sort of-- not really-- made a promise with Roberto to not be too hard on Katerina. I last minutely decided to just say good night with her.

The lecture can wait until tomorrow afternoon, I thought as I stood in front of her bedroom door. That's the least I can do, right?

With a heavy sigh, I knocked on her door, but nothing happened.

I frowned as I knocked on Katerina's door again.

Again, no answer.

Thinking the worst, I quickly unlocked her door before barging in.

On the bed, Katerina laid sprawled on top of the blankets, still very wearing her outfit from today.

I let out a sigh, relieved to see her inside her room, safe and sound.

Then I snorted out a laugh.

"She could always sleep through anything." I thought aloud.

I knelt down next to her and peered into her sleeping face. Yes, she looked just a bit older from five years ago, but she still has a baby face. At least, in her sleep.

Her eyebrows knitted into a frown as she stretched out her limbs unconsciously. In the process of her unconscious stretching. Her hand accidentally collided with my chin.

"Ow," I winced and rubbed my chin.

She also still stretches in her sleep, I thought as I watched her sleep for a few minutes longer.

"Well," I stood up and gently yanked the blanket and sheet out from under her, "Katerina, you're going to catch a cold if you sleep like this."

"Mm," She grumbled out, but snuggled her face against the pillow.

"Good night, little sister." I kissed her forehead and tucked her in before leaving her room.

I was about to lock her door, but thought twice of it. As unconscious as she was, she wasn't going to escape her room tonight.

Katerina's POV:

While I was sleeping, I had felt a feather-like touch on my forehead.

Hmm...it was probably nothing, I thought as I began to wake up while someone-- most likely Jan-- opening the curtains.

"Good morning, Princess." Yup, Jan.

"Good morning, Jan." I said, sitting up.

He gave me a cup of tea.

Was this beginning to become an everyday thing? Having him open the curtains for me and then give me morning tea? Seemed like it.

As I had my morning tea, I noticed that Jan looked a bit troubled.