Chapter 15

Author's Note:

Okay, so here is a short-- well, short to me-- chapter.

I'll write the next chapter as soon as possible. So please be patient with me.

Hope that you'll like this chapter either wait.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow for automatic notifications.

See you in the next chapter my lovelies!

~~~

Chapter 15

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day after meeting my parents.

My bedroom was dark when someone knocked and opened my bedroom door, light coming in from the hallway.

"I see you still sulk in the dark," Felix said as I heard him enter the room.

"Go away," I muttered out as I put my head underneath my pillow.

"Princess," Kai let out an exasperated sigh. "Sulking won't do any good in the situation that you're in."

"Then what should I do?" I said, my voice muffled from my pillow.

"Well," I felt him sit down on my bed, "you should go and have dinner with your parents, and your brother."

I chuckled half-heartedly. "Yeah, right, maybe in a million years from now. That's not going to help me or the situation that I'm in, Kai."

Kai took my pillow from over my head.

"It will, Princess Katerina. You just have to give it some time. Your father is just protecting you by confining you in your room."

"How is this protecting me?" I sat up and hugged my knees to my chest then. "I just feel like a prisoner, again."

"Your parents--" He paused for a few seconds before he continued. "--They were both devastated and afraid when you had decided to run away five years ago. You have to understand how they feel now, when they saw you for the first time in five years. I bet they felt happy, and relieved, that you're well."

I rested my chin on my knee. "They didn't look happy or relieved." I muttered. "They looked angry."

"Believe me," He laughed. "They were happy and relieved."

"How do you know that?" I gave him a questioning look.

"I just do," Was all he said.

For a while, neither of us said anything.

Until Felix said, "So, how about you have dinner with your parents and brother, hmm?"

I turned to look out the window and said, "No way."

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that," Felix said as he walked into my line of sight. "You have to eat with your parents and brother. Orders from the King."

"Then why give me the choice to eat with them or not?"

He shrugged. "Kai and I just wanted to see if you'd say yes or not. I knew you were going to say no. Kai here was the one who thought that you would have changed while you were gone."

"You're so wrong," I looked at Kai and shook my head.

Kai laughed and stood up, "Well, come on, your parents and brother are waiting for you."

I groaned.

"Fine, just let me get changed."

"With pleasure," Kai bowed. Felix did the same. Then they went outside to wait for me to change into something more suitable for dinner.

There wasn't really anything comfortable for me to wear in my closet. All I had were dresses. Nothing but dresses.

After about ten minutes or so, I decided to wear a nice white knee length dress that had lace all over. It looked elegant yet not at the same time, which was perfect.

Before I left my room, I put my long violet hair into a high bun.

"Okay, I'm ready." I said once I exited my room.

"You really haven't changed at all, have you?" Kai shook his head.

Felix snorted. "You're talking about our Princess here. She will never change."

I smiled to that because that was true. I will never change. No matter what.

Kai and Felix escorted me to the dining room. Once we were standing in front of the door, I wanted to run back to my room. However, I knew they would let me do that.

So, I let out a heavy sigh and entered the dining room.

My parents and brother were there, waiting for me. It looked like they had been waiting a while for me.

"You're late," My father commented on my tardiness as he drank a glass of red wine.

"Sorry," I said in a small voice and sat down next to my brother.

"I thought that you hated me," He whispered into my ear.

"I do," I whispered back, "but it's not like I can sit next to mother."

He smirked, "I guess not."

Moments later, maids came out with our dinner.

Yeah, I thought as we began to eat. This is so awkward, and tense. Very tense.