; 005

—"Where did you get that rope from?" you asked tomioka

"Where did you get that rope from?" you asked tomioka. he had tied him up in less then 30 seconds, the boy didn't even have time to realize. you just watched him, patiently waiting on him.

he didn't reply. or he didn't have time to. "HEY YOU, GET BACK HERE!"

"if you are not aware of what state your body is in, you shouldn't be fighting."

"tomioka, he probably can't hear yo-"

"HUH?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! YOUR VOICE IS TOO SOFT AND YOU'RE WALKING TOO FAST!"

he kept screaming but you eventually stopped listening.

— leave him alone please ; fine —

"hey, do you wanna kill that demon or should i?" you simply asked him as you both started running faster and faster.

"i will. you can do the rest." he never seemed to look you in the eye.

you started to get closer and closer until you saw giyu lift himself off the ground with his left foot and gracefully flew above you to land in front of a familiar boy.

you stopped in your tracks, standing behind the boy. tanjiro. "you did a good job holding out until me and l/n got here."

"leave the rest to me and l/n." tanjiro gasped when he saw tomioka.

"total concentration..water breathing..11th form..dead calm.."

"THE 11TH FORM?!" tanjiro yelled out and was soon followed by the albino demon. "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TECHNIQUE YOU USE ON ME!"

giyu deflected the attack instantly with his blade pointing down. you had always found this attack cool and you even told yourself you'd make one like it some day.

the spider looking demon boy looked confused. "I'LL TRY IT AGA-" he was cut off by his head falling off his shoulders.

the demon kept walking. you felt no care for the demon, so you looked at the moon. when you looked down you saw tanjiro holding nezuko. protecting her. but his arm was out, and his hand laid on the demon's back.

you walked around tanjiro just right before tomioka stepped on the now fading demons clothes. tanjiro looked up at giyu, who I now stood by. "don't waste your sympathy..for a demon."

"the fact it looked like a child makes no difference, it lived for decades, terrorizing our people."

"if it's for the sake of avenging those who were killed,, to make sure there are no more victims, I won't hesitate to bring my blade down on any demons neck.. but when it comes to those who felt despair and regret from the actions they took as a demon, i refuse disrespect them!"

"because one time or another.. they were human,, no different from me!.. SO please don't step on his remains!"

you removed your stare from tanjiro, but instead to tomioka who was staring at tanjiro.

"they're not hideous monsters at all..instead..demons are hopeless creatures..tragic creatures.."

giyu gasped when he realized it was nezuko and tanjiro. "did you seriously just realize..?" he ignored you.

all of that was interrupted when you realized shinobu was coming at the both of you. well, tomioka. you both yanked out your sword, but giyu was the one who blocked shinobu's blade.

"oh my!" shinobu faked a gasp. then aggressively spun around until coming to a halt. giyu now had his left knee on the ground, and his right food supporting him. he had his hand on tanjiro too.

you stood farther away from him now, not wanting to get in his way. "why would you get in my way, tomioka?" shinobu's sweet voice now replaced everyone's.

"and after you said we couldn't be friends with demons..and surely you y/n would want to take your emotions out on it!" you blinked at her normal demeanor.

"i have to say.." she moved her footing. "this exact reason..is why no one likes you." She laughed quietly.

...

"shinobu! That's mean.." you scolded her. giyu averted his eyes to you. "y/n! we all know you're just trying to be nice.."

"now then tomioka..would you please move."

"I don't..I don't think I'm disliked.."

"Oh dear..I do apologize..you're only just hearing about this now then? i'm sorry..i didn't mean for you to find out this way."

"quit it shinobu." you sounded actually mad now though. she was being so mean. you started walking over to her to explain to her but she interrupted your traveling.

"boy!"

"yes ma'am!?"

"what you're protecting there is actually a demon. so please move away before you get hurt!"

"no! you're mistaken! well..you're not mistaken. but she's my little sister! and..that's why.."

"oh my! Is that really true?..you poor thing.."

..

"in that case..so she won't suffer! i'll use a gentle toxin in order to kill her.."

— —

sorry this chapter is shorter

also do you think shinobu is ooc on the chapters before this? she was slightly different before Kanaes death but her personality is hard to write soo

(edited)